Handlebar Dilemma

whatevva

My bike currently has a flat bab whith GYT-R Clamp. I'd like to bring it back to stock but the Yamaha dealer said it will cost close to $300. I definately want to get rid of the GYT-R clamp because it looks purple to me (see pic).
What other options do I have to get this back to a more comfortable riding position? Sell the flatbar and clamp on ebay? Try to do an even trade on CL? Or is there something aftermarket that's good?

DSC_0241.jpg

You might want to post an ad in both forums for sale saying you're looking for the stock gen 1 risers and bar. Somebody's got to have 'em just sittin' around. There's also a guy partin' out a gen 1 and may still have the stock setup.

I'm going to have the stock gen 1 handlebars avail soon but I won't be able to help you with the stock risers.

And for what it's worth you might like the stock bars with the GTY-R risers. They (stock Gen I) bars will sit higher than the flat bars that you currently have on there.

I had posted an ad in the trade section and got a hit within a day.

We talked on the phone and to keep downtime to a minimum, we'd both remove our bars and ship them on Saturday. I lived up to my end of the bargain, but didn't recieve any bars back a week later. A couple phone calls later, he left me a message saying that he mailed them out yesterday. So he get's no downtime at all and I get an extra week :rant:

That sucks. Probably should have done a "Ready Set Mail" just to make sure the other party is living up to his/her part of the bargain. Oh well!! Some people.

Back