handle bar ?

hi guys,
i have the 2006 us version of the fz1
i would like to know is it possible to put clip on handle bar on the bike?
i want it really low, but i think i will hit the front fairing with those things.
any ideas?
thanks

Unfortunately not. I was looking into clip ons as well but only if you adjust them high you will have enough clearance. Well, never understood why you want clip ons and then adjust them as high as the handle bars.

I guess that the Fz1 can not be more aggressive than what i have right now (higher tail, aftermarket rear sets that are all back). I guess for more front wheel feel it must be a true sportbike and not a Fz1.

I have the Convertibars on my 2007 FZ1. The design of the FZ1 makes for very limited adjustment of the bars. My goal was lower and closer to me. I was able to accomplish that. The bonus is that if I have to ride lots of hi-ways, I can adjust the bars about 4 inches higher if I want. They get a bit buzzy when raised that high, but I am using some inexpensive bar end weights.

If you want really low bars., you need to remove or modify the fairing and limit the steering.

I've experimented with bars on the FZ quite a bit. I tried to use 1" risers with the standard bars, and the clearances were, erm.... a bit tight!!

IMAG0720_zpsab1af5cd.jpg

IMAG0721_zpsa289c9eb.jpg

IMAG0722_zpsb1f7cf9d.jpg

IMAG0723_zpsd55bea09.jpg

From all the experimenting I've done, to be honest, your better off either buying an R1 front end and grafting it on to the FZ, or just buying an R1!!

Back