half way mark

papaageorgio

After adding things to the bike and modding here n there a little I feel the need to share what I think is my half way point to making this MY bike --- well -- mostly.
the before pic. with the leo | pc3 | integrated leds | and FE early Jan.
IMG_9837.jpg

From time to time I was on the posts here ant the other fz forum looking for ideas and throughout the winter I did the lars AB mod | ais block cd style | cd flies | a led relay for the fast blinking "helped the sequential tail to work right" and pealed off the leo sticker from the pipe only because of the cop shop being only 75ft away from my house and since Wisconsin gov is broke I don't need any random ticket tax
the during the winter cold pics. rest of Jan to Mar. ish
Picture026.jpg

Picture022.jpg

There was a week in there where it was in the 45-50f range so I took it out for my first ride and was happy with it, v-smooth and no noticeable fuel cut but then again I was taking it ez and didn't go over 6k. Took the wife and kids for a ride except my little girl who still pulls the cutest tricks she knows on me about it.
Picture010.jpg

1 of the days I took it for a 90 mi ride and wanted to see what shes got. No wot wheelies and power wasn't what I was hoping for but I also have this pc3 that has notes saying 06 stock so im thinking the first owner got it probably ebay but never dynoed and the map im hoping is way off from where it should be. The seat was not what I or anyone with me wanted to sit on and after looking on posts again I decided the topsellerie was the 1, short and long.
pics of the givi v46 top | topsellerie seat | GIPRO x-type witch I use more for a rev warning light than a gear indicator | and a under a buck win off ebay red oil cap
DSC02573.jpg

DSC02575.jpg

DSC02577.jpg

DSC02578.jpg

Now there was some problems along the way.
Put bike together and forgot to reconnect the air sensor.
Tapped the wrong gray wire on the gipro install.
Trouble getting Duke's map to save on pc3 " the sluggish med and top end was a lot better after that"
And the Givi bracket was the worse but I think it was because my tail is all jacked up.
I mean the frame that holds the tail to the back end is either twisted er something im not sure but heres some pic of what I mean
DSC02582.jpg

DSC02583.jpg

Noone notices it when rideing and the pic here is all screwy.
The right side was nice n straight but took 1/4" worth of washers to make the left side connect.
I orderd a backrest for the v46 but haven't used it yet and might just offer to sell here if wife is comfy without.
Next ima prob guna try sprocket and chain swaps w/speedohealer and maybe a red carbon sheet to cover the passenger foot scraps when mount and dismount. "remember they are only kids"

I like the seat to and im glad i did my home work on it long is a must unless your less than 90lbs or love your junk mashed up on the tank, the long I still can get a pack a cards in between me and the fizzer

Nice choice of mods and the seat is awesome! I too know they LONG option is the way to go (for guys anyway) who are "big framed" ;)

Something is very amiss on the bracket though. Hmmm...

the bracket is only 1/4" off at the end. Now this could be from a twist in the tail not sure or the givi rail wasn't lined up, could be the insert for the tubes on the right side was flared out at the end and needed a zap from a grinder to get it in. My guess is 3 washers in the back and 5 in the front of the flat side. The chepo FE is a little bent out of shape and ill fix that up. The important thing is the box sits lvl now just didn't fall into place like I hoped.
I realy like the seat and rode for over n hour the other day with no probs,

Back