Had a couple nice days to blow the cob webs out!

Monday and Tuesday were great. A bit chilly in the morn at a crisp 35deg. But the afternoon was the payoff, 60 and clear. Perfect riding weather for me. Give me spring and fall anytime. Summer is ok, but I prefer the bit of chill to make for a great day. Come on Sept in the Mountains. I cant wait.:sport12:

Next week is looking pretty good too and this weekend's rain should wash off the rest of the salt/snow.

Yea, looking forward to the trip in September myself :)

Spring's the thing

Monday and Tuesday were great. A bit chilly in the morn at a crisp 35deg. But the afternoon was the payoff, 60 and clear. Perfect riding weather for me. Give me spring and fall anytime. Summer is ok, but I prefer the bit of chill to make for a great day. Come on Sept in the Mountains. I cant wait.:sport12:

As much as I like fall for the smells and photo ops'. I MUCH prefer spring. The fact that after spring the weather gets better. Can't say the same for fall, at least not on my part of the planet. We have had a fairly decent past week and barring any setbacks we should be able to ride (albeit carefully) soon. I have never in memory seen the roads so bad for pea gravel. I will be spending a couple of hours Saturday chopping the slab of ice in front of my garage to make a path out to the gravel ( not that I'm in a hurry you see).

Nice to see that mother nature has granted some of you parole already !

Last edited:
It passed us yesterday, and it's heading north today, You guys in NY and Jersey are looking like its goin'a be a wet one for one or two days... Well my bike's so shiny, I got's ta wear sun glasses. So yesterday I decided to dink around in my creek, I got a gold pan off of ebay a couple weeks ago and well took it and a couple items and headed over there. After the first pan I was getting color, and every subsequent pan. After about 2 hours I decided to call it quits, I had 11 grams of ultra-fine flakes.........yea really......... I'm now hoping to assey it and see just what I have for real Lets see...$39 a gram or $1,103 an oz. sheesh, I may be buying the drinks guys and gals...lol.... .....do they make CF wheels for a FZ1, hmmm... ... . .

It passed us yesterday, and it's heading north today, You guys in NY and Jersey are looking like its goin'a be a wet one for one or two days... Well my bike's so shiny, I got's ta wear sun glasses. So yesterday I decided to dink around in my creek, I got a gold pan off of ebay a couple weeks ago and well took it and a couple items and headed over there. After the first pan I was getting color, and every subsequent pan. After about 2 hours I decided to call it quits, I had 11 grams of ultra-fine flakes.........yea really......... I'm now hoping to assey it and see just what I have for real Lets see...$39 a gram or $1,103 an oz. sheesh, I may be buying the drinks guys and gals...lol.... .....do they make CF wheels for a FZ1, hmmm... ... . .

What are you doing sitting in front of the computer if there's gold out back in the creek. We may have to start calling you Jed as in Clampit. Time to think about movin to beverly, Hills that is ! :poke:

That is real cool. I did some panning in the Colorado River a couple times. It is a neat experience just to try and learn the ways of sifting.

Here is a short Video taken that day by a co-worker who saw me leaving. I think the bike was running pretty good. To get a real idea of the way this takes off (even with wheel spin) Watch once looking at the background. God I love bikes.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghkqsqSR6Ac]YouTube - Vmax acceleration[/ame]

Last edited:
Back