GYT-R Low Handlebar Mounts

WMU_BRONCO

Need Advice Please - GYT-R Low Handlebar Mounts

I'm considering the GYT-R Low Handlebar Mounts for my 1st Gen. According to Yamaha it will drop the bar one inch. Has anyone here installed this, and was the one inch drop significant enough?

I appreciate your opinion and any comments.

Last edited:
I'm considering the GYT-R Low Handlebar Mounts for my 1st Gen. According to Yamaha it will drop the bar one inch. Has anyone here installed this, and was the one inch drop significant enough?

I appreciate your opinion and any comments.

I installed the FZ8 lower bar mounts on my 2004 with superbike bar (has less pullback vs stock) the mounts basically lowered the handle bar ~1.5 inch, no clearance issues, I love the added control & the more nimble handling, to me it is 1000% better than stock, the riding position became a little leaned forward with a more planted feel. before that I tried a higher riser but hated it and removed it after a few hours from installing it, to me it felt like an ape hanger bar with lack of control & feedback.
the lower handle bar mounts felt right from the very first ride but remember I also replaced the stock handle bar with a lower rise & pullback bar, now the riding position to my body dimensions is PERFECT! I am 5,10.

I had them with the stock bars, didn't like them.

Put the standard risers back on.

Bought a set of Renthal low rise bars to get rid of the downward slope of the stock grips.

Couldn't use them with the standard risers... put the low handlebar mounts back on, just right.

This puts the bars roughly the same height as stock, but an inch forward. The bars are wider, and my hands don't go numb anymore.

Zach

Stock mounts

Having trouble getting stock size mounts for 2002-2005 FZ1. Smacked a deer and got mine bent.
Sounds like a lot of low mount switches going on, what are you doing with the old?

Having trouble getting stock size mounts for 2002-2005 FZ1. Smacked a deer and got mine bent.
Sounds like a lot of low mount switches going on, what are you doing with the old?

I have the stock lower risers, are you talking about the handle bar? I have the stock bar to.

Back