Gsxr 750?

Be careful buying K6 & K7 GSXR's as there was a recall on them for frames cracking. There were a few crashes where the frames cracked around the head stem.General concensus is that this happened after the initial accident & is my understanding was never proven otherwise. But for Suzuki to do a recall there must have been some worry. Cant hurt to be careful.

Picked up a 2012 GSXR-750 today from the dealer. First ride impressions? This thing is light as as feather and so smooth! That slipper clutch is a thing of beauty. The pull from the lever is feathery smooth and light. For comfort it is not as bad as I thought it would be. I don't feel cramped at all, although it was a short ride just to get a feel of it. I am satisfied with my choice.

Picked up a 2012 GSXR-750 today from the dealer. First ride impressions? This thing is light as as feather and so smooth! That slipper clutch is a thing of beauty. The pull from the lever is feathery smooth and light. For comfort it is not as bad as I thought it would be. I don't feel cramped at all, although it was a short ride just to get a feel of it. I am satisfied with my choice.

I'm glad you like the ride and comfort. Now all you gotta do is get some pics up of the new beast!

I'd say it depends on a couple of factors. First off, your age. If your a young whippersnapper, you'd probably be able to deal with the tighter ergonomics on the Gixxer. Also, do you take really long jaunts or just buzz around town? I would believe that 200 miles or more on a Gixxer couldn't be that good on your hind quarters! Lastly, do you ride often with a passenger? I don't think they'd like the Gixxer after 15 minutes on the back. Believe me, if I could tolerate the track style seating position, low slung clip-ons, I'd get a full on sportbike as well. While my age has increased, (51), I still have the desire and mentality of a 20 year old. I just can't convince my body to follow suit!!:shame: I say if your comfortable on the Gixxer and you really like the bike, do what ultimately makes you happy. You can always sell it and go back. :cheers:

51 is the age you're supposed to start doing your testosterone replacement therapyj (TRT). Women shouldn't be the only ones to feel young again. TRT can help give you more energy and you recover from activity better. Also your bones and joints stay healthier. :2cents:

I rode a 04ish gixxer grand and wasn't very impressed handling or power...

You sure it was the 1000? Those things were beasts right from the start, much better in every way than the 1100 air -cooled bike it replaced. Power-o-plenty.

Personally I have never been a "gixxer" guy, but I have ridden them before and I as much as I want to slag them, I can't. My buddies 07" (only mod was a slip-on) was really damn stout. Smooth FI, comfy, torque from the very start all the way to redline. Things I aspire to achieve with my FZ1 :drools:. God I hope I can finally make the Fizzer what it should be (got a Graves full-system comming, hope that helps :smokin2:). The GSXR 750 is a great compromise between two spectrums (600 / Liter bike) and I do have to salute them for keeping that class alive. Yamaha and Kawi left the class behind long ago...

You sure it was the 1000? Those things were beasts right from the start, much better in every way than the 1100 air -cooled bike it replaced. Power-o-plenty.

Personally I have never been a "gixxer" guy, but I have ridden them before and I as much as I want to slag them, I can't. My buddies 07" (only mod was a slip-on) was really damn stout. Smooth FI, comfy, torque from the very start all the way to redline. Things I aspire to achieve with my FZ1 :drools:. God I hope I can finally make the Fizzer what it should be (got a Graves full-system comming, hope that helps :smokin2:). The GSXR 750 is a great compromise between two spectrums (600 / Liter bike) and I do have to salute them for keeping that class alive. Yamaha and Kawi left the class behind long ago...
Seems like you bought the one on ebay!

Excellent choice.
Please post some pics.
Gotta love the Gixxers.
I had a 2002 GSXR600, a 2004 GSXR750 and then a 2006 GSXR1000 and loved all of them.
Looking back on them, the 750 was my favorite due to it's balanced power and handling and it was my track bike for 3 years.
It ran like a clock even after 3 offs, the guy I sold it to had no trouble with it and it was his track bike too for another 3 years.
Bullet proof gearboxes and engines.

Sent from my SG3

The very reason I sold my FZ & bought a Gixxer. Instead of trying to turn the FZ into a sports bike it was cheaper & easier to buy one!

51 is the age you're supposed to start doing your testosterone replacement therapyj (TRT). Women shouldn't be the only ones to feel young again. TRT can help give you more energy and you recover from activity better. Also your bones and joints stay healthier. :2cents:

You must PM me and tell me more about this. I may be interested in trying this out, not to mention some of my "old fart" friends as well. Thanks!

I sometimes ride with QuietRider from FZ1OA. He is over 70 years old and rides a GSXR everywhere. He did raise the bars, but it works fine for him.

Back