Grounding accessories

Chandler

For those of you who have more then two extra circuits wired and are not using the FuseBlock panel that retails for 60 dollars or so, where and how are you grounding?

I have a fuse block that comes off the battery but nothing for the grounds. I went to autozone, advanced auto parts, walmart, and lowes to find a small ground bar or distribution strip and found nothing that I could use to take a single wire from the battery to a peace of metal. I would prefer not to ground to the frame. I even looked online but could only find square D blocks (brand that would be a in a home breaker box) which are far to large.

I am thinking of just getting a small piece of metal and drilling holes in it and using small bolts. I'd like it to look more clean then something I rigged though.

i have used this on my SV, hooked up the wiring kit for the head lights and my rewired R/R.

it was super simple and hides right under the seat. I haven't added any additional circuits to the FZ yet though, when I do I will likely pick up another one or just take it off the SV

Good luck!

pat

I should have just done inline fused. I was thinking a block would make it look nicer but it takes up to much space and has to sit in the rear

In case anyone is wondering...

I just decided to purchase a 4 poll barrier strip with a 8 unit jumper strip from radioshack. I cut the strip in half. It is rather small and has 8 bolts which works well enough for me!

I placed it in the take opposite the relay that sits on the right hand side. I squeezed it in by my turn signal indicator cables. This is pretty close to the battery and right next to my fuse block so it worked out well.

If anyone wants pictures I can post one or two.

Thanks!

Back