Greeting from Malaysia

Hello everybody,

Glad I found this forum. :tup: I'm from Malaysia & just got my new '09 FZ1. Since almost 10 years I'm 'retired' biking. Before I put my money on the FZ1... my choice is the Honda VFR800 Interceptor.

But after saw the FZ1 & sat on it, I became confuse which one to choose. But the FZ1 won my heart & the review on both bike, FZ1 is better. The upright seating position is more comfortable & I think is the best for me now. ;)

My concern is the seat is quite hard for me. My wife also feel uncomfortable. Looking forward to change the seat. Not sure which one is better.... Sargent, Corbin or the Top Sellerie...:surrender:

Anyway nice to be here....:yes:

Welcome Marl and congratulations on making the FZ1 your first choice. You won't regret it. I'm sure some guys will chime in as to which seat they like the best or you can search our pages as I'm sure there is a thread for aftermarket seats for the GenII's. Good luck with your new ride!

Thanks FZ1riderNY :tup:

Looking forward to tour with it soon. :rmwl:

So far I'm quite happy with the bike. Nimble, lighter than the VFR & love the looks. :tup:

Welcome

As soon as I get my FZ out I will write a review on the Top Sellerie seat. I bought it from a fellow member early this winter and have yet to get to ride on it. Keep posted. Welcome :welcome:

Hello everybody,

Glad I found this forum. :tup: I'm from Malaysia & just got my new '09 FZ1. Since almost 10 years I'm 'retired' biking. Before I put my money on the FZ1... my choice is the Honda VFR800 Interceptor.

But after saw the FZ1 & sat on it, I became confuse which one to choose. But the FZ1 won my heart & the review on both bike, FZ1 is better. The upright seating position is more comfortable & I think is the best for me now. ;)

Welcome! When I was looking it also came down to the FZ1 and the VFR for me. I made the right choice! So did you!

Hello everybody,

My concern is the seat is quite hard for me. My wife also feel uncomfortable. Looking forward to change the seat. Not sure which one is better.... Sargent, Corbin or the Top Sellerie...:surrender:

Anyway nice to be here....:yes:

hi bro, which part of malaysia are you from??

Oldschool, me too.. I think TS is the best for me now. :)

Hail, I think I have made the right choice.. :tup:

aRcHeR, I'm from the most north of Malaysia.. Perlis. Hehe :D

I'm in peace now after getting the FZ1.... parked it in my living room. Haha... Feel more secure... :th_smiley_rotfl2[1]

the 1st day I brought the FZ1 home... I changed the tail lamp to LED (bought it from eBay) & put the frame slider from OES. But it is quiet short... need to find a longer version. Anyway I love the way the tail turn out after changed to LED. Looking forward to change the wind screen to double bobble from Zero Gravity. :sport12:

the 1st day I brought the FZ1 home... I changed the tail lamp to LED (bought it from eBay) & put the frame slider from OES. But it is quiet short... need to find a longer version. Anyway I love the way the tail turn out after changed to LED. Looking forward to change the wind screen to double bobble from Zero Gravity. :sport12:

you need FZ1 parts? drop me you a PM.

Hi Marl, Welcome to the Forums!
Hope you and your wife have lots of good times on the new bike.
Have you seen the Magical Racing carbon Fibre screens yet? I bought my screen direct from Japan and it only cost me $230 aus. If your interested, here's my thread on the screen I bought my-new-magical-racing-clear-cfrp-screen

Welcome Marl! I replied to your PM with answers that I hope will help you out. Thanks for joining!! Please post pics when you get a chance.

-Eric

Thanks scottyd,

Me & my wife really had a good time on it. Glad I bought the bike. :yes: The screen looks good on your bike man. Thanks for the link :tup:. Never seen it before

Thanks Eric, I will upload the pics soon. Hehe:woot:

As promised...

img5779u.jpg

I love the colour. Not sure what spec my bike is as the seller didn't tell me & not answer the question. Maybe he didn't know. But this bike doesn't have immobilizer.. hmmm.... :shame:

img5736k.jpg

The items I bought before I got the bike. 1st day got the bike... directly I installed it. Bought the LED from the eBay. I love it. But the frame slider from OES quite short. Need a longer one to feel more 'secure'.

img5771c.jpg

The moment before me & my wife ride it to my place from my mother's house.

img5782.jpg

This is how it looks like with the new LED light.

img5769a.jpg

Well... thats me alright.... haha.. :yes:

:thewave:

Back