Great Little Evening Rides

dhicks01

I been managing to get out for some great little evening rides this past week. Mostly slab, but there is a place out here called Busch's wildlife and Hwy 94 has several little scenic twistie off shoots. Lot of Deer though, so you have to be on lookout. I've had my Fz-1 now for 5 months, and I still smile every time I ride it. I simply love this bike. More power than I'll ever use, fairly comfortable. Next year I may add a wing, or a VTX1800 to the garage. Next weekend I'll be off on about a 400 mile round tripper and I'm getting older, (but not that old) :D Anyone have a cruiser bike in their garage along with the FZ ?

I've been getting some good, short rides too. I've had my FZ1 for 11 months now, and the smile has never gone away either. I know it's a bit anemic in the torque department, but I don't really notice it that badly. The 8k and above range is there to help me not care. :)

Now, the bike I want to add to my stable is the BMW K1600GT/L, but I doubt I'll ever have the money for one of those. I'd be very happy with a Kawaski Concourse 1400 or a Yamaha FJR 1300. Maybe some day. I'd never tell anyone, but I'd love to play with a T-Max scooter and try a Warrior cruiser. I really want an R1, but I'm too old and way too fat to ride one of those. :( My father-in-law trades used bikes often, so I get a nice variety to test out. He just traded his Yamaha TW200 for an older 750 cruiser of some sort. I'm not sure what, but I'll try to post up some pics when I get more info near the end of the week.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

I hear ya. I think I'd like an FJ1300 too...but, poor boy here, with a Son in Law School. I don't notice a torque lack on my. I do have the Gen 1, and I think the perks that have been done to it really make it romp. For the $ I can't see a replacement.

You must be somewhere around Salem my guess?

I'm heading to Springfield for the mile flat track race this weekend.

I'm in a little town, Greenup, IL close to Effingham, IL and Terre Haute, IN. I lived in St. Louis for about 4 years while going to Logan College of Chiropractic.

Yeah, Sallie Mae owns my a$$ for a very long time. I'm still hopeful to find a decent priced FJR or Concourse a few years down the road, but just to add to the stable, not replace.

My wife rides an '09 Ninja 250r. She recently had it lowered. I figure in a year or two she'll want to move up to a Ninja 650r or maybe an FZ6R.

I hope you have a safe trip and a good time in Springfield. I'm always looking for a good ride. If you're ever in the neighborhood I'd be happy to ride.

I too love going for the short run from home 69km out and back, high speed, lack of police. Oh Yeah !! BTW when modded a Gen II has no lack of torque at all.

I too love going for the short run from home 69km out and back, high speed, lack of police. Oh Yeah !! BTW when modded a Gen II has no lack of torque at all.

I'm sure a few mods and I'd be impressed, but I'm still happy how it is, for now. I know there's more there if I want to spend the time and money. I'm not too good with a wrench and I'm hoping for a Gen III to come out soon. :)

I plan to do some riding this weekend. I'm hoping for about a 100 miles a day for a couple days. If my Corbin backrest comes in before the weekend, my kids will get to go for for some of those miles too. :)

I'm in a little town, Greenup, IL close to Effingham, IL and Terre Haute, IN. I lived in St. Louis for about 4 years while going to Logan College of Chiropractic.

Yeah, Sallie Mae owns my a$$ for a very long time. I'm still hopeful to find a decent priced FJR or Concourse a few years down the road, but just to add to the stable, not replace.

My wife rides an '09 Ninja 250r. She recently had it lowered. I figure in a year or two she'll want to move up to a Ninja 650r or maybe an FZ6R.

I hope you have a safe trip and a good time in Springfield. I'm always looking for a good ride. If you're ever in the neighborhood I'd be happy to ride.

I started to say Effingham, but didn't think that was far enough to be half-way to Indy. Been to Green-up a few times. Well, If I ride up that way you may have to use some of them Logan adjustments on me as I'm always in dire need of a Chiropractor. Broke my back in 06....

Likewise if ya ever run down my way, can do a River Road ride and still be back in Effy by dark.

Some times it is nice to slow down to legal speeds, enjoy the scenery and a crisp throttle. Every now and the some mates and I ride out to a little pub at a place called Silverton, where they filmed Mad Max. Sit on the verandah and have couple of beers (light of coarse) and watch the sun set, good times.

Some times it is nice to slow down to legal speeds, enjoy the scenery and a crisp throttle. Every now and the some mates and I ride out to a little pub at a place called Silverton, where they filmed Mad Max. Sit on the verandah and have couple of beers (light of coarse) and watch the sun set, good times.
Sounds like a blast. Mad max eh? Loved that movie!

Back