Graves slip-on with stock connector

I just purchased a graves carbon slip-on and the person who owned it had the stock link pipe section with the servo flapper tig welded to it. My question is do I need to run a PCV or Some sort of fuel controller. If so could a map for the graves W/ stock air filter work. Does the flap control back pressure or eliminate after burn sound. Advice would be helpful. Thanks Newbie.

PS::fencers: Looking forward to sharing in a new forum.

First off welcome to the site , its great here lots of good help and advice .
Have a read through this it might help http://www.998cc.org/forum/gen-ii-tech/14831-exup-valve.html.....

if the link dosnt work look in gen11 tech (exup valve) . It seems the flapper as you call it dosnt really serve any purpose other than to close slightly ant certain rpm for noise regulations and of course to restrict the gas flow witch defeats the object of a slip on in the first place , I would get rid personally .

instead of removing it, just safety wire it open. when you are able to get a power commander and tune it like you do need to do, it won't be a problem anymore. a flash would allow for it to be used efficiently, however if you dont want to spend the money on that, safety wire it open and dyno tune it with a power commander.

Back