Graves full system exhaust mount

Hello everyone,

I'm looking into an exhaust system for my new FZ1, and like the style of the Graves full system, but don't have $1,400 to throw down right now.

My idea to get the same/similar look was to use a shortened canister and slip tube attached to the factory collector, but I don't know how to mount it yet.

Does anyone know how the strap mounts to the bike that holds the canister on the Graves full system. From the picture it is somewhere near the rearset, but after looking at my bike I can't figure out what they bolted it to...

I found some pics that may offer you a little more detail:

attachment.php

or

http://www.gravesport.com/images/D/Graves-Motorsports-Doug-Henry-FZ1-12.jpg

To me it looks line it's using one of the bolts that holds the rear master cylinder to the rear set.

I love that full system! I did not, however, realize that you'd loose the center stand when adding it. Hmmmmmm..... Still the best looking full on the market though!

I love that full system! I did not, however, realize that you'd loose the center stand when adding it. Hmmmmmm..... Still the best looking full on the market though!

Yea, since part of the muffler sits under the bike there's no way to keep the center stand.

i like the Graves but i love my centerstand

I'm with ya.... I almost always use the center stand exclusively so I don't know how I'd live without it. It's moot for me though because there's no way I'm paying $1400 for an exhaust system on a bike I'm not racing. ;) The re-pack kit for a Two Bros is quite attractive at $25.00. :tup:

So you can kind of see the exhaust I just installed in this photo. I haven't got that many photo's yet... Been to busy riding it!

I just used a two brothers R-6 canister and had a welding shop weld the factory flange to the R-6 mid pipe.

So you can kind of see the exhaust I just installed in this photo. I haven't got that many photo's yet... Been to busy riding it!

I just used a two brothers R-6 canister and had a welding shop weld the factory flange to the R-6 mid pipe.

ATGATT ..... :spank2:

Bare arms, sport shoes, t-shirt ..... not good.

Please some close-up photos, i have been looking at doing something similar but using a GTYR R6 exhaust and fabricating a mide pipe. I have seen a FZ8 with this setup and it looks fairly straight forward.

I'm with you Eric my centerstand stays!!seems pointless to take it off then buy stands to do the same thing

Back