GOT two Rottweiler puppies! Zeus & Thor are in NH!

FZ1inTX

Adminstrator
Our search is finally over and we've gotten not one but two pups coming hom on Nov. 6th. This litter was born on 9/11/11 so it will be hard to forget their birthday! These are purebred German bloodline "Blockhead" Rotties. We had one years ago and he was the single best dog we'd ever owned. We selected males because female Rotties tend to be too moody. They will be neutered as soon as they are ready. Still have not decided on their names. When it was one, we wanted Bowser but now that it is two, we want complimenting names for the brothers. Not a lot goes with Bowser (would have to be another Nintendo name) so we're thinking of other names over the next couple weeks.

Here's pics showing the two selections. Michele picked a smaller male (smaller at that time anyway) and I got the only smooth-coat out of the litter who happened to be the largest male.

Here is my choice, the smooth coat:
attachment.php

Here are the two choices (on the floor) together. The little guy is chewing on Michele's sneaker. :D
attachment.php

And here is Michele with her little beast. I have a feeling he will easily catch up to my choice in size by the time we get them.
attachment.php

Last edited:
Some of the name combos:

Ulric and Viktor (Good German names)

Zeus and Apollo (or Caesar which was our last Rottie's name)

Alpha and Omega (First and last)

Brutus and Moose

Bowser and Kong (Donkey Kong)

What are some other suggestions? What is liked/disliked here? Opinions are welcome and no, they will not be Hanz and Franz or Beavis and Butthead or Snoopy and Odie....etc.... LOL!!!!

Personally I like to not mix my mythology.

Thor and Loki maybe? ;) You must figure out which is the mischievousness one and name him Loki.

Must they be manly? I like a little irony in the names of animals.

Yoda and Chewy
Butch & Sundance
Michael & Jason (for halloween)
Arnold and Lou
Lucy and Ethel

Last edited:
Eric since you liked Bowser keep the Super Mario Brothers theme going and call them Mario and Luigi...:lol: j/k

Good stuff all! Thanks!

Tony, we thought of that but the rule in Doggie world is stick to one or two syllables only so they got tossed. Apollo is a stretch but seems like one a dog would respond to.

We have Yoshi, the parrot and Coopurr (Koopa) the cat. Bowser is a great choice but all of the other characters just haven't clicked with us at all. Maybe Chomp?

Vincent Vega & Marcelus Wallis (Pulpb fiction characters)
Hawk & Animal ( The Road Warriors. Old wrestling partners)
Tango & Cash (Movie)
Cheech & Chong (Movies)
Jeckle & Hide
Double & Trouble
Scrarch & Sniff
and finally.................
MY FAVORITE: Judge & Jury
Just a lot of brain storming. Hope u get some ideas or at least push in the right direction

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Vincent Vega & Marcelus Wallis (Pulpb fiction characters)
Hawk & Animal ( The Road Warriors. Old wrestling partners)
Tango & Cash (Movie)
Cheech & Chong (Movies)
Jeckle & Hide
Double & Trouble
Scrarch & Sniff
and finally.................
MY FAVORITE: Judge & Jury
Just a lot of brain storming. Hope u get some ideas or at least push in the right direction

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
I love Tango and Cash! That would be my choice.

Eric you like the Red Sox. How about Papi, Youk, Dustin, and from the child's, book: Good buy "Carl." He was a Rottie.

Fred and Barney
Tom and Jerry
Rossi and Biaggi
Max and Valentino
Jekyll and Hyde
Harold and Kumar
Maximus and Caesar
Vincent and Marcellus ( good choice already posted !! )
Ali and Frazier
Gog and Magog
Cain and Abel
Gen1 and Gen2
Rommel and Patton
Remus and Romulus

Last edited:

Eric you like the Red Sox. How about Papi, Youk, Dustin, and from the child's, book: Good buy "Carl." He was a Rottie.

I saw that book just last night as I was looking for some books for Bridgette. I actually like the name Carl (reminds me of Sling Blade...ha ha ha ha!)

So there's a couple single syllable names....Frank (the boy) and Carl. Hmmmmm.

Fred and Barney
Tom and Jerry
Rossi and Biaggi
Max and Valentino
Jekyll and Hyde
Harold and Kumar
Maximus and Caesar
Vincent and Marcellus ( good choice already posted !! )
Ali and Frazier
Gog and Magog
Cain and Abel
Gen1 and Gen2
Rommel and Patton
Remus and Romulus

GenI and GenII that's pretty good.

I can't see them either???? Not sure why though.

When I originally posted the thread, I accidentally double-clicked and started two threads, so I think I deleted the thread that had the attachments. I've re-attached the pics and corrected the links with the updated locations. Hope you can see them now. :D

A lot of good stuff here! We're still pondering choices so please keep 'em coming!

Norm, I would do Red Sox again but we have one pet here that was named after a player who then defected to...... of ALL places.... the Yankees! ARGH! So, J.D., one of our cats, was Johnny Damen but now he is "Jimmy Dean" since he looks like a big pork sausage now. :D

I keep petting the screen. I like Tango and Cash or how about Walter and The Dude

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Walter and Achmed? ;)

Achmed and Peanut

Imagine running through the neighborhood looking for them after they got outside for some reason... me running and yelling "Infidel!!! Jihad!!!" :th_smiley_rotfl2[1] :scared0016:

Back