Got the buzz?? How did you fix it?

Steve F

Well, I have the famous buzzing sound on my 07 that comes after about 1500 miles from the plastic thing above and behind the instrument cluster. It's been discussed extensively on the FZ1OA forum. Just curious if anyone here has addressed it and how. Thanks

Thanks for the link!

This shows how much this site has grown. I remember when there were only a few topics posted. Now there's prbably many threads I haven't had time to look at. I'll make sure I do a search before posting other problems. Thanks again.

I'm already noticing this on the '09 and I've only got 200 miles on her. I saw another thread on FZ1OA that showed weather stripping on the inside of the outer fairing where the inner fairing rubs in the corners. Has anyone done *just* that mod before going all the way with this one linked above and if so, did it solve your buzzing?

Thanks! Just like the sister site for FZ6, this place is easy to get info. I'm sure it will grow even more.

I am not sure the weather stripping will work. I put a post on the above link. I removed the fairing and took off the windscreen. The black vent between the fairing and the windscreen must come off. There are two clips that hold it on and possibly a nipple right in the middle. Cut the nipple with a razor knife. Fill the back of the black vent with silicone and replace. Let it set up and then replace everything. Then twist the throttle. I run it in 1st and 2nd at 4-5k with no buzz at all.

I saw where another member successfully used double side tape instead of silicone to fix the problem. I guess either method will work as long as it keeps the vent from moving afterward. Will fix mine next week. I have plenty of both, silicone and double sided tape :D

I have an '08 with 600 mi and I tool it back to the dealer and they also used double sided 3m foam. works like a charm but now I have a scratch on my seat like someone sat on it with a screwdriver in their back pocket.

Back