Got that itch again...

Like a lot of you, I've got that itch again to trade bikes. The dealer down here, who I really like, as well as his mechanic Paul, has a brand new 2012 Honda Gold Wing with the ABS/Navigation System. He's got it marked down 2 grand for close to $25G. He's willing to take the C14 in on consignment and take %10 on the sale. He believes he can get around $12G for it and will take $1G (a little less than %10) for himself. He says he believes he can get it sold within 2 months. I want to keep the Professor (FZ1) because I adore that bike and its a great 3-4 hour rider.

I put the GW up on its kickstand and it's easier than the C14. My knees bend on the GW which they do not on the C14: I touch flat down but no bend in the knee. You really can't feel the extra 200 lbs. of the GW. I know it won't take corners like my C14 but that's what the FZ1 is for. It's a beautiful baby blue or sky blue color. Oh, the decisions...

BTW, if he just takes the C14 on trade he can only give me just over $8G and this was confirmed by another dealer when I was riding with a friend of mine a few days ago, about an hour from here.

Well Norm I have never ridden a Gold Wing, but have ridden the C14. I guess it really comes down to how much long distance riding you're going to be doing. Personally a Gold Wing is not for me, but I suppose if I was doing thousands of miles per trip I may feel different about it. And as long as you're keeping the FZ1 it's all ok :D good luck...

I traded my 2006 Triumph Rocket on a 2010 Goldwing. Although I miss the Rocket, the Goldwing is great for the 3 to 4000 mile vacation that we take once a year. If you have a passenger, they will love it.

A "Lead Wing"??? Why???, Oh Why???

Norm does that mean you'll get a trailer with a stuffed animal on the back too???

No, he'll get a sidecar so Yogi can ride along ;)

Here you can see Yogi practicing at the local playground :th_smiley_rotfl2[1]

attachment.php

Last edited:
Please do not scratch that itch! The C14 is a fine bike Norm. The GW is a lot of overkill with no "sport" in it at all. I'm coming in just over two weeks. I'm not sure I'm comfortable tooling on a $25k bike that isn't mine so I hope you'll be OK with me on the $7k FZ1? ;)

I rode an 1800cc GW, it was a beast. Surprisingly quick, though. Not for me but if that's what you want, go for it. I would personally rather have a C14 (I assume that means a Concours 14)

I have my doubts I could keep up with this slow pig of a bike :)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nrMQ3QwyPo]deals gap on a goldwing/gl1800 by yellow wolf dragons tail - YouTube[/ame]

Like a lot of you, I've got that itch again to trade bikes. The dealer down here, who I really like, as well as his mechanic Paul, has a brand new 2012 Honda Gold Wing with the ABS/Navigation System. He's got it marked down 2 grand for close to $25G. He's willing to take the C14 in on consignment and take %10 on the sale. He believes he can get around $12G for it and will take $1G (a little less than %10) for himself. He says he believes he can get it sold within 2 months. I want to keep the Professor (FZ1) because I adore that bike and its a great 3-4 hour rider.

I put the GW up on its kickstand and it's easier than the C14. My knees bend on the GW which they do not on the C14: I touch flat down but no bend in the knee. You really can't feel the extra 200 lbs. of the GW. I know it won't take corners like my C14 but that's what the FZ1 is for. It's a beautiful baby blue or sky blue color. Oh, the decisions...

BTW, if he just takes the C14 on trade he can only give me just over $8G and this was confirmed by another dealer when I was riding with a friend of mine a few days ago, about an hour from here.

It is of course your cash and if you can afford to take the hit to scratch that itch then go for it. It would be a much wider area of biking that the two bikes would then cover. The C-14 is in my thinking a bit to close to the same segment as the FZ. The Wing would not be. You could just buy a dune buggy and bolt a lazy boy into it, and add a nice stereo for a similar effect. :jk:

It's funny I am thinking that a nice Yamaha WR250R for doing single track would be my next (add to the stable) bike. I am planning on a Goldwing for my 75th Birthday (it would have lots of storage for the plethora of meds' that most seniors seem to have to take. : owned:

They have creams to sooth itches you know, very inexpensive they are. :laugh2:

You guys are funny!

Tony that picture is awesome!

Eric, I promise not to buy it, if I do buy it, till you get here.

Lee, you're right. The Concours 14 is much more similar to the FZ1. It's kind of like an FZ1's big brother. The Gold Wing is much more for long distance touring and not as athletic. My friend tried to wheelie the Gold Wing and said it is impossible. He wheelied the C14 (with the traction control turned off) no problem. Yea, maybe I'll stick with what I got.

OK, how about this for another direction:

2008 Kawasaki 650R

I offer the guy $2500 and now I have three bikes so 2 of you could visit at a time and we could all ride together. You pay for airfare and gas and lodging and the motorcycle are free. You do have to like Dobermans though...

OK, how about this for another direction:

2008 Kawasaki 650R

I offer the guy $2500 and now I have three bikes so 2 of you could visit at a time and we could all ride together. You pay for airfare and gas and lodging and the motorcycle are free. You do have to like Dobermans though...

Excellent idea :D That Ninja 650R is a fun little bike. Love the sound of it with a nice exhaust ;)

You people are great! Thanks for your opinions. Man, this is a tough one. I better stay away from the dealership till I'm sure. Eric, get down here fast and talk some sense into me. Maybe we'll go look at the Ninja 650 like Tony recommends...

You people are great! Thanks for your opinions. Man, this is a tough one. I better stay away from the dealership till I'm sure. Eric, get down here fast and talk some sense into me. Maybe we'll go look at the Ninja 650 like Tony recommends...

Yea, stay away from that Gold Wing Norm! :poke:

And I have test ridden the Ninja 650 a few times and it's a fun bike. The exhaust has that distinct v-twin sound (I know it's a parallel twin engine). A nice exhaust on there and you'll be smiling while riding around town ;)

Back