Got my Spoiler (lower cowl).

DJ NEZZ

Been waiting for 3 years now to buy my Yamaha Spoiler in Cobalt blue. Here Yamaha NZ want $850NZ so I've been holding off until my good Aussie friend ballmead put me onto yamabits.co.uk and got it through them for $515NZ. There $459US in the States so $515NZ was a good deal. I fitted it last week and tryed it out on Saturday and Sunday with a trip and Hamton Downs race track to see the first meeting of Auckland Motor Cycle Clubs summer series. I found the lower cowl gave down force at 100km/h so I adjusted my front forks preload 1.25 turns to rise the front up to level again. At higher speed the spoiler made my Fazer more stable. I have finished my spring makeover now and my Fazer is looking blinged out and hot for the summer.

Last edited:
Looks great!

Now I must be missing something, but I thought all 2nd gen FZ1's had the black motor. I'm not used to seeing silver so it really stands out...

Looks great!

Now I must be missing something, but I thought all 2nd gen FZ1's had the black motor. I'm not used to seeing silver so it really stands out...

Hi Jboat, here in NZ we got both black and silver motors in 07 Fazers but now there all black motors. You guys in the States got the black motor FZ1s. Sorry you missed out on the best colour.:justkidding::shine: Go the ALL BLACKS!

Last edited:
Looks great! Nice to find a better deal elsewhere. :D

I have a tip from a cowl owner. Get some clear vinyl and cover the front section of the cowl because small rocks off the tire will chip the paint thoroughly. Too late for me but with a new one, you can protect it now. :tup:

Bike looks great and yamabits.co.uk certainly has great prices and customer service based on my experience with them as well. It was actually cheaper to buy from them than herein the US!

Looking good!!!:thewave:

Time for some side scoops

6247259952_914d2548e8.jpg

Last edited:
I found a lower spoiler at several websites. yamahasportsplaza.com has the spoiler in granite grey and raven, but not in blue. I ordered the cobalt blue chin spoiler from shophms.com but they came back and refunded my money because they said they didn't have blue and yamaha no longer makes blue available.

Does anyone have a source of blue chin spoiler/fairings? The advantage of the two places I listed is they both list prices of about $350 US. I would love to find them for $350 because I already ordered my sport scoops and was going for the sport scoop + chin spoiler combination for a total cost similar to the normal full fairing. I'm a bit bummed not to be able to actually get the cobalt blue chin spoiler yet.

Suggestions? I do check ebay.
-Nathan

I found a lower spoiler at several websites. yamahasportsplaza.com has the spoiler in granite grey and raven, but not in blue. I ordered the cobalt blue chin spoiler from shophms.com but they came back and refunded my money because they said they didn't have blue and yamaha no longer makes blue available.

Does anyone have a source of blue chin spoiler/fairings? The advantage of the two places I listed is they both list prices of about $350 US. I would love to find them for $350 because I already ordered my sport scoops and was going for the sport scoop + chin spoiler combination for a total cost similar to the normal full fairing. I'm a bit bummed not to be able to actually get the cobalt blue chin spoiler yet.

Suggestions? I do check ebay.
-Nathan

Hi bigsqueals, I got my lower cowl from yamabits.co.uk . Also try commonwealthpowersports.com and oc yamaha. Good luck and if Norfolk is in the States you can get your lower cowl for about $390US but me being in New Zealand couldn't buy from oc as they had the best price.:)

Back