Google Chrome

I've been running Google Chrome since it was released as a beta... and I've been happy with it the whole time....

When it became Chrome 2.0, I was chomping at the bit waiting for the release, and once I got it, was amazed with how fast it really is, in comparison to other browsers.

Today, I downloaded Google Chrome 3.0. Once again, Google really outdid themselves. The browser is so fast that it's already made Chrome 2.0 a vague memory. For those who haven't tried it, give it a shot.. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

For a review, look here: Google Chrome 3.0: Fastest browser yet - CNET Asia

to download, go here for the 3.0 beta:
Google Chrome (BETA)

go here for the 2.0 release:
Google Chrome - Download a new browser

My laptop is rather quick... but I installed the 3.0 beta on an older system I have lying around, and the results were the same.

The browser doesn't take up lots of system resources, it treats each tab as a separate process, so if one site crashes, it doesn't take the whole browser out. 3.0 allows for different skins/themes if you're into that kind of thing... and functionality is second to none.

Give it a shot... post up your thoughts here.

I'm running Chrome 2.0, LOVE it. A few features I don't care for (like showing your most recent bookmarks on a new tab) but overall it's FAST.

Strangely when I do "about" it tells me my version is up to date, guess 3.0 isn't full release yet huh?

Back