Goodbye. You people are the greatest.

EffZeeOne

Hey all! I haven't posted in a while but it's not due to a lack of love for the FZ1 or this site, just the FZ1 spoke for itself so easily. I think my last post was about the Two Brothers exhaust sound levels, a while ago!

Anyway friends, yesterday I traded the FZ1 for a 2012 Concours 14. I loved the FZ1 and would not hesistate for a half second to recommend it and this site to anyone. When I hit my bookmark to come to this stie, and saw that beautiful picture of the black FZ1 taking that corner, my heart sunk. Then I peeked in the garage and was ok again :)

I won't bore you with the details of my decision, other than to say the FZ1 never accomodated me well physically on long rides, :squid: and I've always admired the Connie from a distance. I wanted a R1200RT ($$$) but got a Connie.

Ride the p1ss out of it my friends!

Later dude! Do drop by from time to time. I don't have an FZ1 any more but this is one of the best forums out there.

Enjoy the Connie! :cheerleader:

Wish you the best with your new bike. I don't have an FZ1 anymore and continue to participate here because this is a great site with great people.

First, congrats!!! After having ridden Norm's Connie for a total of three weeks, I found it to be a very capable tourer with plenty of sport available in her to have fun in the corners. If you're a bigger guy, the Connie can easily be man-handled in the curves with its low center of gravity. I don't agree with the aged FJR being a better bike unless you're talking about a pre-2010 Connie. ;)

As for saying goodbye? I don't think Norm ever found a worthy forum for the Connie that could hold a candle to this site. Please stick around and tell us, show us, your adventures in sport touring!

:woot:

You might stick around just in case you change your mind, like I did after trading my "08" for a "10" Triumph, then I re-traded back to my "08" after having my Triumph for only about ten months. It wasn't that the Triumph wasn't a decent motorcycle, but that the FZ1 fit my size and riding style much better and I still ride it almost every day during the season. If you can, find a forum that's about your new bike because I've been on many bike specific forums and found them to have information/help that you won't find anywhere else, especially a dealership. On the FZ1, I've ridden with other sport bikes, Harleys, Goldwings, etc. etc. and although on the long rides (1000 or more miles) I'm sure my butt was in worse shape than theirs, not a one could our mile or outrun me. I don't think the FZ1 was ever intended for the really large rider but for the small guys like me it's a perfect match for handling, and being able to handle. At 62, as 've aged I've stayed quite small, 5'6" and about 145 lbs. and wouldn't want to have to haul much more weight than the FZ1 has.

Back