good or bad price

Really?! That's better than mine.. I was supposed to get a "discount." I kinda know the sales manager.. Friend of a friend.. Yeah well... This bike is nice! I just got mine last weekend. I've been riding it everyday! Got a lot of compliments on it already.. Candy red.. Bike sounds decent for a factory setup.

price

i got mine for $9226 OTD.texas tax and such,6.25%.that was in early february.i think they needed a sale and i just hit em right.8500 plus tax and sundries i think it was.they had said 9600 a couple months before.

Guys, I hate to tell you, but prices are falling like rocks. I bought a new 2008 red FZ1 at LA xxxxxxx for $8119.23 OTD.

The sister dealerships had '08 CBR's1000 for $9400 OTD. Or, '08GSX-R1000 for an advertised price of $10150, but the salemen told me he'd knock off at least $500 for cash( orange only).

Last edited:
That may not be a bad price for your area but I just picked up a red one for $8420 OTD. It was their last FZ1 and probably were looking at getting the new "09" units, but I dealt with them over the phone and internet and they were pretty good people to work with. They are a big dealer in Lansing, MI by the name of Full Throttle Motorsports. On the sale day the paperwork had been made up, all I had to do was sign the paperwork and I was out of there. I was using my Dode Ram and had called ahead of time to make sure they had a ramp for unloading my old bike and loading the new one ad they said no problem. While I was getting my stuff together, the sales jock unloaded my old scoot and loaded the new bike by himself even without my help. That's service in my opinion. And...................I got 6.5% financing from a local credit union. I really didn't need to finance but thought what the heck, might as well use their money and keep mine in the bank a few more months.:)

Feb 2009 in So Cal, (new) I paid $8,240 OTD but I decided to also buy the "bumper to bumper" warranty for 5 years, unlimited miles which pushed me to $9,060. Chapparal Motorsports in Riverside, CA and I found the internet sales Manager and support staff very quick, accomodating and pleasant to deal with. If your in So CAl, my impression is that they like to move bikes.

On December 27th I paid just a tad over $8200 for my 2008. It was the last one they had and I think they wanted to be ready for the spring shipments. In Michigan the bike salesmen want to unload all two-wheelers they have left if they can. If you go in when there's a foot of snow on the ground I think they believe you're nuts.

Well, been kickin' tires and you can't see evidence of the shops hurtin' around here. Prices reductions are marginal (250-300) and they are considering that being generous. Has been over 65 all this week and people are buying like their is no tomorrow.

So the FZ stays alone with no stable mate....:(

BroHay

Back