Gonna do a little work to the bike

spydar

i need to put some new tires on the bike and i have been reading all the tire threads and im starting to get dizzy :confused: just need a few opinions. i dont do any track days i just cruise around dont get me wrong i will see triple digits once and a while....:sinister: so what do you guys think the best all around tire is?

ok here are a few pics

I gotta say Ken, that having that "blocked" tread pattern on the front, the tire wore damn good. I can't see any "cupping" at all, and the rear doesn't look squared off in the least. You would love a set of Bridgestone 023's. They are a great sport touring tire that gets great mileage and awesome grip. Gary is still running the set I put on the FZ1. Ask him to post up a shot of them for ya.

My recommendation, based on the pictures would be the following:

Pirelli Angel's
or
Bridgestone BT023
or
Michelin Pilot Road 2 (or 3)
or
Dunlop Roadsmart 2

Pick a brand... get one of the above.

For quicker turn-in, go with the Pirelli, Dunlop or the Bridgestone. For wet handling, choose the Michelin or the Pirelli. With any of the above, you should be able to see 5,000+ miles from a rear as long as you maintain proper pressure and have smooth on/off throttle transitions. Also ensure that your static and dynamic sag are properly adjusted.

i was thinking of the bridgestones i have had the bike 4 years or so and only put 4500 miles on it its an 2004 with 7000 miles on it. i just figured its time for some new rubber on it and maybe rejet the carb if i get some ambiation i wanna start doing a few things to it

The Bridgestones have a nice, linear curve to them. I think most people who don't do an obscene amount of riding in the rain would do rather well with them. They will make turn-in a bit easier than your current Pilot Road.

Also, when adjusting your static sag, lower the front forks in the triple trees by 7mm. That will also make your turn-in easier.

Jetting is rather easy too...

Glad someone asked... I am looking for new rubber too... Leaning to try the Pirelli Angel! My dad has the Pilot Road 2 and loves them! Thinking about doin it different and see a comparison.

Thanks for all the input!

so i have the bike apart all body panels off ready to be cleaned. rear tire removed and new one on. but now im having a problem getting the front wheel off anyone have any helpful hints to get the nut loose? i ended up getting the bridgestones.

so i have the bike apart all body panels off ready to be cleaned. rear tire removed and new one on. but now im having a problem getting the front wheel off anyone have any helpful hints to get the nut loose? i ended up getting the bridgestones.

Yes, Ken. Just use the "back end" of a spark plug socket and put an extension in the "wrong end" and she'll come right off. Oh and congrats on the Bridgestones! Your gonna love them. Take pictures!!!

i tell my friend that rides a harley to join a forum and you can find all the answers you need. all i have to say you guys are the best i had a problem and in less than 20 minutes billy came in with the answer. :worship: will post a few pics later

i tell my friend that rides a harley to join a forum and you can find all the answers you need. all i have to say you guys are the best i had a problem and in less than 20 minutes billy came in with the answer. :worship: will post a few pics later

Anytime brother! I'm always here to help if I can. I'm glad you understood what I was trying to say.

ok front tire off new tire already mounted all hail billy...:) will have to wait till tuesday night to start cleaning all the parts and to put it all back together.

yes im mounting them myself i figured how hard can it be???? i always mounted my tires on the race car and we had to mount a 8inch tire on a 12 inch wheel for the left side. and im using the dyna beads for balancing.....

Back