Going w/ Yosh Full System- Couple Q's

I recently bought an 08 with 3K on it, and it came with with a LeoVince GP Pro Evo II slip-on, but It's quite a bit louder than what I'm looking for, so I've decided to do a full Yosh system.

I've been doing my research on here and, correct me if I'm wrong, but I'll also need an EXUP eliminator too, correct? And pardon the extremely newbie question, but with the full system, I'll be cat-less, right?

On a basically otherwise stock bike, the AIS block off needs to be done with the new exhaust too?

One final question: I'm currently looking to stay below the modding level where I would need to start doing PC/ Mapping. So, would a K&N or BMC filter/Air box mod, AIS block off, and Yosh system keep me below that threshold of remapping? Or should I avoid the Filter/ Air box stuff for now if I dont want to remap?

I'm not looking for a race bike, but just to optimize my current bike for some occasional spirited riding and commuting.

Thanks for your help!

If you don't want to avoid the PC then just buy a yoshi slipon... they are not as loud and you don't have to worry about buying a PC

I've been doing my research on here and, correct me if I'm wrong, but I'll also need an EXUP eliminator too, correct? And pardon the extremely newbie question, but with the full system, I'll be cat-less, right?

No cats, and no exup either, as you remove the valve and cables with the stock pipe.

You can leave the servo motor under the seat, you will have to in order to avoid check engine light. If you buy a exup elim, then you can remove servo motor w/o problems.

If you're doing the full exhaust then you definitely want to do the hi-flo filter and airbox mod...more air out needs more air in. And at that point you will need the PC III or PC V.

i could be wrong but i thought the threshold on needing a power commander was the lars ab mod and the small/no flies... restricted air in "stock" wont let more air thought the system.. i could see it running a little leaner with a full exhaust but the bigger cork is in the throat not the rear

i could be wrong but i thought the threshold on needing a power commander was the lars ab mod and the small/no flies... restricted air in "stock" wont let more air thought the system.. i could see it running a little leaner with a full exhaust but the bigger cork is in the throat not the rear

That's what I was thinking (Lars air box mod and/or high flow filter) being the threshold for a PCIII or PCV, but I don't think the small/no flies would fall into the higher airflow category. Whether or not you have flies or modded flies you control the airflow by throttle position (controlling the user positioned butterflies), hence the stock ECU adds fuel accordingly.

I have my head up my bum 97.3495877365627347% of the time, so I could be wrong on my THEORY here.

I personally have gutted both cats on the stock exhaust, did the Lars air box mod, removed the screen from my stock filter, bought Roth block off plates and installed them, and am very happy with the change in throttle response and low noise output.
Visually the stock exhaust is still ugly, but a slip-on attracts unwanted attention, in my humble opinion.

I have yet to dyno test to get an accurate air/fuel plot, but it is in the near future. I just bought a boat and it's hot as Hades here, so I haven't ridden or given the dyno test much thought. In the near future (month or two) I'll be doing a dyno test and posting the results with my modification list. I mostly want to make sure I'm not running to lean, EVER, or too rich in certain areas, I'm not too concerned with any added power as I spirited street ride only.

the small or no sub flies does fall in that area if you ride under 6k a lot. now im not sure if it is 6k but w/e.. the ECU will not open the flies all the way till that area and you don't have to be wot to notice. Play around with it when you got the tank up. watch how they move, then search for the zipped flies and go give your bike a quick run around like that and see if you like.

pc maps have it leaned out a bit till 2.5k and add fuel from there up for the most part, even if its a stock bike there's pc maps to fix the fuel, you can't go wrong and to me its worth the $$ and my butt dyno notices the diff on each map, currently running -- PITSTOP PCIII Map --

Back