GoHot Got'a Go.....

Well I went ahead and did another trade. Theres a post here somewhere telling how I got to this point with an FZ1, but now the saga continues. Today I went over a fiew towns to look at a bike that a guy had on Craigs list. I had posted my FZ on there as a trade for a different bike, a specific bike was what I was looking for though. Well I'd forgot about it for a fiew weeks, and had forgot to delete the add, so this guy calls me last night, tells me what he's got, I look it up on Craigs and pull up the pictures. Wow, even better than I thought I could get in a trade, pluss I might have went up 500-1,000 in value, and it was a straight across trade, the only thing, I had 9,500 on the FZ, and this had 17,000, which isn't too bad for a Yamaha twin. It was loaded with all the bangles and goodies. Bottom line......I'm happy, oh yea....I already scorched my right inside calf, not bad, but got my attention real quick, shoulda had long pants instead of cargo shorts.

Well Guys And Gals, it's been really neat bantering and jabbering back and forth with each and every one of you, though I guess I'll now be looking for a Yamaha Roadstar forum to start all over with, learning the in's and out's of this bike. This is, and I hope continues to be, a STELLAR forum with GREAT MEMBERS. I'v had a great time here. Richard aka. GoHot229 :) :)

Last edited:
Wow Richard!?!? That was a short-lived FZ1 ownership! ;)

Congrats on the new ride and you don't have to stop attending this site!!! All bikes are welcome here. BTW, did you give the new owner this site to become a member of???

Well done and ride safe! (Means wear the gear!!! ;) )

Oh! You don't think that your gonna just split on the gang!? It's "Blood in blood out" buddy. There are quite a few members here that don't own an FZ. So don't be in such a rush to head off into the "cruiser sunset". Besides, who are we gonna have to type their posts in different colors!:confused0024:

Congrats by the way on your new ride!:Rockon:

Congrats on the Star. It's a good bike, I had one ('02)...I think it was '03 they put the better cam in it to get rid of the flattening of the power band.

Yamaha Motorcycle Parts and Custom Accessories is a great site for performance parts, he's the man when it comes to this bike. I had mine tricked out w/ his performance parts and they are definitely worth it.

Be safe and don't "lay er down". :D

Oh, I'll be coming around, it's just too much fun here, hope Aron didn't frown on the blue, Sorry buddy, last time :) :), the rest will all be black.

And hay Octupi, thanks for the tip..................can you say potato, potato, potato ...lol :)

Hey Rich, I think you may have been in the same mindset as me, altough I owned my FZ1 about 16 months before I sold it. Although my Speedmaster is a more laid-back kinda ride which my tired old bones prefer these days, I do miss the ability to twist the throttle and move out like a rocket. With the Speedy it takes a lot more twisting to get the same action. The mods started a month into the ownership with a PC V and a set of TORS. Some things never change. Good luck with the new ride.

Back