Go pro Mounting Ahead of Windshield

from what i deduce, it's more of the material issue rather than design issue as i deal in plastics manufacturing.

high chance that the molders used regrinded materials to produce the buckles, hence reducing the plasticity of the materials.

did yours have a clear break, like cookies breaking?

from what i deduce, it's more of the material issue rather than design issue as i deal in plastics manufacturing.

high chance that the molders used regrinded materials to produce the buckles, hence reducing the plasticity of the materials.

did yours have a clear break, like cookies breaking?

this is a problem i have read and heard about often.
go-pro is good about care of there customers. and support of said.
but any who do not use a tether will lose a cam. but at least the case is very strong.

maybe after-after-market set of supports/extenders in ti??
very costly, but light.

the customer support at GoPro has asked me to ship back the broken piece for their engineers to take a look, and re-engineer the design if necessary.

i reckon the breaking will only occur during removal, rather than during insertion.. as pressure applied is constant during insertion, but diff pressure applied during removal by our fingers aren't constant.

I've done this for the tether from a tip I saw on YouTube.

I used some cable from a picture hanging kit ($1 or so). Some shrink tubing wrap (48pc assorted for $7) to go over the cable, then a crimping sleeve (50pc for $8) to hold them together.

The tether goes on the back door
IMG_20120914_104213.jpg

Then when you snap the back door on, there is a space it will fit.
IMG_20120914_104436.jpg

This one is with the LCD back on.
IMG_20120914_104323.jpg

Back