Givi V35's...

Got a question for the masses. Learned this weekend that my soft bags are not really waterproof even with their rain liners on them.

So I am considering hard bags for sometime in the future. I love the V35's they are basically the best option for our bikes.

The problem is the mounting stuff. I don't want the Givi hardware as its ugly. I really like the SW-Motech stuff. Thing is I am confused about something.

It seems that the system does NOT want to work if you have a fender eliminator due to the bottom bracket, but some people have figured a way around that and I am not concerned with that. My main concern is my top case.

If I just get the SW-Motech top case setup with the Shad adapter plate, will that work with their V35 brackets? I feel the ultimate is having my SH45 top case in conjunction with the V35 side cases. Best looking setup IMO for long distance hauling.

Thanks!

If I just get the SW-Motech top case setup with the Shad adapter plate, will that work with their V35 brackets? I feel the ultimate is having my SH45 top case in conjunction with the V35 side cases. Best looking setup IMO for long distance hauling.
I have the SW-Motech side racks (V35 cases), and top rack with stock license plate bracket, and everything fits nicely with no modification

The SWMotech rack allows you to buy a mounting plate for all the major brand top cases. I swap between 2 diferent mounts as I have 1 Givi Monolock top case and 1 Givi Monokey case.

Looks like I will start by at some point switching my top rack to the SWMotech setup. That way when I want the side bags I can just get the SWMotech mounting hardware and I won't have any complications between the two.

My issue is that the mounting hardware costs so much $$ and then you have the cases and can quickly add up to $1200. Plus not many people selling theirs lol. Gotta buy one at a time lol

When you get set up post pics!!

It will be a very long time before I am setup. Just getting the facts straight right now.

The thing that kills me is having to use the stock rear fender as it looks hideous with just the bar going across the back. Going to have to figure something out about that.

It will be a very long time before I am setup. Just getting the facts straight right now.

The thing that kills me is having to use the stock rear fender as it looks hideous with just the bar going across the back. Going to have to figure something out about that.

I know the rear fender looks hideous on the bike, especially after you have gotten used to the FE kit. However, it does make everything fit well and you'll really appreciate it when you have to ride in the rain for any length of time.

Another option are the Give quick release side mounts as they are very easy to put on and off...

Why not go with the Givi PLX-R rack which can be removed very easily if you don't want to run the cases that day. That's what I have and I like them very much.

The cases are always removable, the rack comes off with the 'R' model

6361cb8e-5773-c976.jpg

Last edited:
Can the rack be removed as well or just the cases?

Papa check out my original side rack purchase post: http://www.998cc.org/forum/gen-ii-mods/11898-givi-v35-sw-motech-side-rack.html#post78999

SW-Motech's side racks for the V35's are quickly removable (2 mins), and in the post you can see they sell a locking screw, so it doesn't just take some unscrewing to take the racks off.

The top-rack however is not so quick removable, it's bolted into the frame, passenger footholds and the sw-motech side-rack rear plate has mounting points for the top-rack

Here is the adapter plate you'll need for your SHAD 45L: SW-MOTECH Alu-Rack Topcase Adapter Plate (Shad Motorcases) - GPT.00.152.415 : TwistedThrottle.com

Here's some good reading
SW Motech Top Rack Available - FZ1OA Message Board
FS: SW-Motech Topcase Rack - FZ1OA Message Board

Can the rack be removed as well or just the cases?

Rack comes completely off the bike when you want it to. Has five quick disconnects that you unlock with a special tool. It takes maybe 3 minutes to take the racks off. With the bags on, thought, the rack disconnects are completely inaccessible so it's totally secure. I'll take some pics of mine when I get home so you can see. Without the racks on, the bike looks totally stock. I love mine.

FZ1 Givi side cases

Hi guys, I know it's an old post, but may be people are still interested in this topic.

I'm french, and own a FZ1 Naked 2006 yellow.
I moved to norway this summer and decided to install the complete set up from Givi (all parts bought 2d hand, 1 item at the time, here and then.. at the end, it cost me 1/2 the price of brand new stuff)

as I said earlier, I have everything from Givi, all racks, plus Top case V47 and side cases V35. Plus I had a personnalized paint job done on some parts of the cases.
find bellow some pics, and don't hesitate if you have any questions.

cheers
Ludo
fini1.jpg
140414095433915309.jpg
140414095924710041.jpg
140414095753832141.jpg

Attachments

• 10171745_10152059664217799_442682456_n.jpg
    10171745_10152059664217799_442682456_n.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 83
I picked up a set of side cases used for about half-price, but I was looking on-and-off for about a year.

I really like that paint scheme. Having the covers on the bags painted the same color really sets everything off nicely.

i just bought a set of givi e21 cases at a nice discount, then found out they dont make a rack for the fz1 for those. so, you can buy a 25 dollar adapter kit that has the all the mounts, and well, i'm just gonna weld up a frame for it. shouldn't cost more than about $50 in all when done. will post pics when done

I have Givi e41 keyless hardbags on the side with sw motech quick release mounting hardware. My top bag is a give 39litre again with swnmotech mounting. I have 3 miles of RUFF gravel driving drom my place to pavement. Everything is holding up great and I like the looks and the ability to have all the bags off and side hardware off in less than 2 minutes. Was spendy though.

Back