GIVI soft bag

Anybody use the Givi XS305 soft luggage? This is the bag I'm thinking about getting. I have a good Tourmaster tank bag, and a small Chase Harper tail bag. I think I want a bigger tail bag for the ride up to Laguna Seca in July for the World Superbike races. Any reviews will be greatly appreciated.

Haven't used that bag, but for my money I would just get a plain, non bike specific duffel. Used to use a Motopak 60L duffel, which while being marketed as a moto bag, is not much different than something you can get from a sporting goods store for $30-40.

Here it is on my old FZ6, it's held down by a tie down strap

IMG_0233.JPG

Haven't used that bag, but for my money I would just get a plain, non bike specific duffel. Used to use a Motopak 60L duffel, which while being marketed as a moto bag, is not much different than something you can get from a sporting goods store for $30-40.

Here it is on my old FZ6, it's held down by a tie down strap

IMG_0233.JPG

That's the right size bag ,and a possible option. Are you using a bungee cord or a ratchet type of tie down to keep the bag secured?

That's the right size bag ,and a possible option. Are you using a bungee cord or a ratchet type of tie down to keep the bag secured?

Ratchet strap, I like that I can make it tight and it won't move. The bungee's always move around if the bag is heavyish.

Supposedly Rokstraps are good, but I've never tried them. The ratchet tie down's work well for me.

Ratchet strap, I like that I can make it tight and it won't move. The bungee's always move around if the bag is heavyish.

Supposedly Rokstraps are good, but I've never tried them. The ratchet tie down's work well for me.

I have a couple of brand new ROK straps and have yet to use them, but will post a review when I have.

I to, use ratchet straps, as there is no safer way to tie things down. Bungees are unreliable and can be dangerous. More eyes are lost with bungees than people realize.

I use 1" by 8' ratchet straps that are called "endless loop" meaning no hooks. The Strap is attached to the ratchet at one end, and you just feed the other end through the slot in the ratchet spool and tighten. Nothing moves around once these are tightened properly. They can be had at most Automotive stores, like Canadian Tire.

For the US; https://www.eztruckstore.com/product/one-inch-lashing-ratchet-straps

or; 1" Stainless Steel Endless Loop Ratchet Strap | RatchetStraps.com

Last edited:
I can't believe the ratchet straps are that cheap. I'll pick one up this week and give it a try with an old gym bag I have in the garage. If it works I'll buy a new and bigger bag, probably a 60L bag. Thanks for the help.

Back