Givi saddlebag guard rails

Vagabond

Has anyone fitted the givi saddlebag guard rails to a 07 Gen 2 with a fender eliminator ? I have just bought the new Super 2 Cortech saddle bags and they are excellent, but when they are loaded they do tend to lean in towards the rear wheel and I cant seem to be able to use the rear straps on the bags as they just slide under my license plate.

Soft luggage Mounts

Has anyone fitted the givi saddlebag guard rails to a 07 Gen 2 with a fender eliminator ? I have just bought the new Super 2 Cortech saddle bags and they are excellent, but when they are loaded they do tend to lean in towards the rear wheel and I cant seem to be able to use the rear straps on the bags as they just slide under my license plate.

The mounts are fairly thin. Attached is a link to the Givi T271 mounting instructions. Hope this helps.

http://www.givi.it/attachfile/content/prodotti_padre/38157/0.0.1.man_t271.pdf

sporttour.com has them for $63 including shipping.

Here are a couple of pictures of my plate holder. The problem is that one set of holes is one side of the plate and one the other, with no gap to put the mounting plate on. I was wondering if I could cut the plate in half and just use the bolts that are behind the plate ? I am wondering if it would be strong enough with just the one bolt ?

Back