Givi rack attachment pieces.

Hi all,

I have the opportunity to purchase a gen 2 monokey rack for a good price. Unfortunately it is second hand and has none of the screws or bolts.

Do you think that these bolts and screws are fairly standard and would be easy to buy, or is it likely to be a bit of a hassle to get the right pieces?

Thanks in advance.

I've got the same stuff.

Upload the picture with EVERYTHING the seller is offering, and I will tell (with pics) you what you are missing. :D

In general, the mounts are not generic at all, but the screws should be.

atu8yru9.jpg

Hmmm I think it may be missing the aluminum supports and screws?

I'm not sure what's missing but just an FYI that the Givi installation manual usually does give the specs on the bolts and also provides photos. I think the manuals are available online

I'm not sure what's missing but just an FYI that the Givi installation manual usually does give the specs on the bolts and also provides photos. I think the manuals are available online

Yeh, that's what I've been using as a point of reference - that's why I think it's missing part 3 'supporto in alluminio' as you say all the bolts are specified in mm.

apologies for the delay, I just saw your photo, will get home and take some pictures and have a look at the manual. looks like it will work as is with the existing bolt on the bikes.

apologies for the delay, I just saw your photo, will get home and take some pictures and have a look at the manual. looks like it will work as is with the existing bolt on the bikes.

I also got a secondhand rack that was missing part #3. I've had 20+lbs of tools in my top case at 100+ mph and experienced no ill effects. I can really only see it being a potential problem if you've got a heavy load AND a heavy pillion passenger.

As for the bolts, you'll be re-using the bolts that attach the passenger pegs to the subframe. However, you will need to buy slightly longer bolts for the main mount point. In the instructions, this is bolt #8. That width of that metal piece and a washer is probably 10-15mm, and the stock bolt just isn't long enough to give you a secure mount. That said, any old stainless steel M6x25mm bolt will do.

I also got a secondhand rack that was missing part #3. I've had 20+lbs of tools in my top case at 100+ mph and experienced no ill effects. I can really only see it being a potential problem if you've got a heavy load AND a heavy pillion passenger.

As for the bolts, you'll be re-using the bolts that attach the passenger pegs to the subframe. However, you will need to buy slightly longer bolts for the main mount point. In the instructions, this is bolt #8. That width of that metal piece and a washer is probably 10-15mm, and the stock bolt just isn't long enough to give you a secure mount. That said, any old stainless steel M6x25mm bolt will do.

Thanks for the feedback. So did you use a spacer or just mounted the front part of the bracket.

couldnt wait till I get home so I went down to work carpark to have a peek, it looks like you will be fine with everything you see in your photo. Dont seem like you will need any extra screws either. You take the existing bolts out, place the rack in between and put the screws back in.

first picture shows the mount that goes in the rear subframe. Which is under the passenger seat.
you will need to take the rear tail plastic out to be able to screw this on. Once it goes on, it stays on. Red arrow indicates the screw. and yes you re-use the existing screws.
20140226_110653_zpsb9382ba5.jpg

second is the picture looking from below. you will need to cut the bottom piece of the bike a bit to fit this mount. Thin red line represent where the givi rack will sit and note how I had to lower the position of the blinkers.
20140226_110613_zpsa7e94c41.jpg

and lastly this is how it looks when givi rack is mounted. And again red arrows are the mounting screws. You re-use the screws for the rear foot rest.
20131103_180625_zpsc3a22bc2.jpg

I still use the same screws for all mounting. and I didnt use the washers. Done some long, short, heavy, empty, windy, rainy, sunny trips on it, holds up just fine.

Two wires goes to batt + &-. Another single wire(blue in mine) gets tapped into the brake light.

Hope this helped Good luck:D

Ok so I got the rack - it's in great condition. However everything between 'mono' and 'system' is rubbed off from the top case. Is there a way to identify if it's monokey or monolock?

Pic attached of plate.

ere4ume9.jpg

Woo hoo. Sourced a 40l case and the remaining bolts and spacers from lowes.

Now to install. But pretty happy with a complete set up for around $150.

Back