Givi Easy Lock Bags?

So I own a gen 1 and am looking to get into a Gen 2 soon. I was wondering if anyone knows if the Givi Easy Lock Hybrid sadlebags that are sold for and mount up to the FZ8, will also mount to a Gen2 FZ1? Im thinking of rolling a set into the purchase of my new Gen 2 but Givi does not publish anything suggesting it would work. It seems from pictures that the bikes share the same frame and sub frame but possibly this is not really the case. Does anyone know for sure?
Thanks Guys!!!!

I believe the tail sections on the FZ8 and the FZ1 are different enough that the TE366 EasyLock rack doesn't fit the FZ1. It's certainly not supported on Givi's website. If you wanted side bags, you could go with the V35 hard cases that fit the FZ1 or you'd have to attempt a custom fitting of the TE366 rack yourself

Here's a photo comparison of the tail sections.

FZ8
amonDPy.jpg

FZ1
CreTCoP.jpg

Yes thanks...the customizing approach may be my path. The FZ8 cant be that different :) I see that the hard cases will fit but they are really expensive and big as hell and have a significant mount left when you remove them. Have you seen Kawasaki's Ninja 1000 bags for 2014? there is nothing left behind really nice. Anyway I may chance it and see what it takes, if it can not be made to work, Ill send it back right?

It's worth noting that there are quick release racks available for the hard cases for the FZ1

Beyond that I can't be much more help :)

I see that the hard cases will fit but they are really expensive and big as hell and have a significant mount left when you remove them.

No significant mount here besides tail rack

Ohhhh there they are :rofl:

Yes the V35 are a bit big and bulky, but removal is simple and clean looking

BTW - that first pic is from the previous owner, one he sent me before I purchased. Damn that bike was dirty

I was just about to furrow my brow in your general direction, thanks for clarifying that ;)

I would have deserved it if I did that. The last two pics the bike isn't even cleaned up at all. I spent so many hours polishing and detailing that bike when I got it home. But it sure changes everything.

As the current owner of JMundy's bags, I'll confirm that removal of the side bag mounts is really easy. Also, the top box mount rack is held on with just 6 bolts, so if you really wanted to take that off too, you could do it in probably 5 minutes (but you'd need more tools). You'd just be left with some hardly-noticable tabs sticking out underneath the pillion.

Man I love those white/red retro bikes.

Have you thought of doing the clear lenses for the front turn signals. Yamaha R1's in Europe are clear from Yamaha, and I think they are the same size, incase you wanted to keep them stock look but also different

Man I love those white/red retro bikes.

Have you thought of doing the clear lenses for the front turn signals. Yamaha R1's in Europe are clear from Yamaha, and I think they are the same size, incase you wanted to keep them stock look but also different

Thanks!

No, I hadn't considered that. I'll have to look into it maybe, to see how it looks.

And for the OP - I'm trying to upload some other pics to PhotoBucket, so that I can post them here for you to see what little is left once the SW-Motech quick release mounts are off of the bike.

Raymondt, I realize that you didn't ask for pics of the V35's and the mounting system for them, but maybe these will be helpful to you, and at the least, maybe they will let you see that the bike can still have a somewhat stock appearance, once the bags and mounts are off.

If you wind up going with the other bags and doing a custom mount, I know I won't be the only one that will want to see pictures of that!

Back