GenII Standard Bar Dimensions

I need to replace the bars on my 09 FZ1S.

Renthal don't list specs of the OEM Bar, only an alternative fitting 658-02 - Road Sports.

I am pretty happy with the standard set-up so want something close to that...

Does anyone know what the standard specs are compared to these???

bar_dimensions_web.jpg

ALTERNATIVE 7/8 :
Part No 658-02
Dim A 724
Dim B 60
Dim C 0
Dim D 215
Dim E 0
Dim F 226

I tried to measure mine, but the numbers I come up with are nothing close to those above...

Dim A 725
Dim B 0
Dim C 0
Dim D 215
Dim E 140
Dim F 226

a '0' Dimension E would mean they are completely straight which isn't what I want... it is possible that my Dimension B measure is wrong as I am doing it by 'eyeometer' in the position it is in now...

Last edited:
Thanks johnnyontherocks and FZ1inNH

I assume that 'flat bar' means no rise... which is what I think the standard bars are... what concerns me is that the renthal spec is also Zero sweep which just seems wrong...

I will ask at the Local Bike Shop... but looking at US Prices, the standard part might be all I need...

I bent a bar dropping the bike in the garage... boot hooked pulled the sidestand back and it folded up as I climbed off... The only damage is a bent bar (luckily, because I still haven't bought the sliders I was going to get 2 years ago)...

Thanks for all your help...

Cheers,
Darryl

If you want to replace the stock drag bar then it's very cheap, if you are comfortable and don't want to change the ergos... Part number 2D1-26111-01-00 and the US price is $33.41 from Partshark.com :D

If you want to replace the stock drag bar then it's very cheap, if you are comfortable and don't want to change the ergos... Part number 2D1-26111-01-00 and the US price is $33.41 from Partshark.com :D

Yeah thanks... I should have been more specific right from the start... I only looked to Renthal, because here in Aus they normally tear you a new one on OEM pricing... I will ask for OEM first, and if that is going to hurt too much, look at aftermarket...

Thanks for your help...

Yeah thanks... I should have been more specific right from the start... I only looked to Renthal, because here in Aus they normally tear you a new one on OEM pricing... I will ask for OEM first, and if that is going to hurt too much, look at aftermarket...

Thanks for your help...

Update - Called Local Bike Shop $Au114 for OEM Partshark is $US33.41 + $US39.50 shipping - about $Au68... will wait for other shipping quotes and buyonline I guess.

Cheers,
Darryl

And Australian retailers wonder why we buy online??

Like most people, I am willing to pay a small premium to buy local with convenience, but not 100% more... I feel for the LBS, as they are only the end of the chain, yet they are the one people expect to take the hit to match online prices...

Back