Gen1 Radiator Guards Installed (Pictures)

Liter Machine

I bought a rad guard cover for my 2003 FZ1 from JWHELAN here on this site and installed it on the bike today and turned out perfect and beautiful looking. They are made out of 20 gauge perferated steel and tough, at around 43.00 dollars it's a great investment to protect your rad at around 300.00 dollars replacement the guard is worth it. Here are the pictures!

Very nice piece. I may have to pick one up when funds allow. By the way, tell us about the horn. Mounting or clearance problems? What model and how loud? Thanks!

115 Db's Piaa Sport Horn as for clearance lots of room and mounting just take the old one off and install the new. It sounds like a car horn (very loud) none of this beep-beep shit anymore, it's wakes up all those cagers driving and not paying attention!

PIAA Corporation USA - Sports Horn

I have the (Standard Sports Horn) just copy the link and it will show the whole thing. I chose this one because of the mounting bracket makes it easy to install in 2 to 5 minutes!

Horn

It sounds like a Junior Cadillac! Sorry i don't have a sound bite, but I can assure you it gets anybody who is driving a car with windows up and music on it gets their attention! It still scares the shit out of them and they see me on my bike! I truly recommend one!

Last edited:
It sounds like a Junior Cadillac! Sorry i don't have a sound bite, but I can assure you it gets anybody who is driving a car with windows up and music on it gets their attention! It still scares the shit out of them and they see me on my bike! I truly recommend one!

I would like to hear it as well...:hi jack:

Just great just when I thought I could start spending money on getting my seld ready for winter you show me 2 more great mod's..........wife is going to be soooo happy.
BTW great colours on the bike, were did you get the 2 tone FZ1 decal? I luv the yellow and have been thinking about changing my bike from black to black and yellow.

Just great just when I thought I could start spending money on getting my seld ready for winter you show me 2 more great mod's..........wife is going to be soooo happy.
BTW great colours on the bike, were did you get the 2 tone FZ1 decal? I luv the yellow and have been thinking about changing my bike from black to black and yellow.

It the stock colours for 2003 the model is known as 2003 FZ1000 SPRC

I bought a rad guard cover for my 2003 FZ1 from JWHELAN here on this site and installed it on the bike today and turned out perfect and beautiful looking. They are made out of 20 gauge perferated steel and tough, at around 43.00 dollars it's a great investment to protect your rad at around 300.00 dollars replacement the guard is worth it. Here are the pictures!

Hey guys glad everyone is looking into these guards they are the toughfest on the maket. My rad took a hit by a stone this past September at 120 kph that's 80 mph and the guard just needed to be re-painted! The rad wasn't even touched!

Hey guys glad everyone is looking into these guards they are the toughfest on the maket. My rad took a hit by a stone this past September at 120 kph that's 80 mph and the guard just needed to be re-painted! The rad wasn't even touched!

This is giood news, much research and deveopment went into maximum stength while maintaining adequate airflow..Thanks for the post!

My FZ1 came with a rad cover and I thought it was an OEM piece... does the bike not come with a mesh cover from the factory?

It does, and it's pretty minimal, compared to this one, and you see more of the rad fins. this one seems to hide it better, and showing more black paint, makes it look nicer. I'm thinking of buying one of these for the extra protection, but also for the beauty!

I'm also thinking of getting the side covers powdercoated (if possible) or just painted glossy black like the rest. It just sticks out so loudly!

Back