Gen ll Silver motor?

DJ NEZZ

Im really enjoying the pictures of all your FZ1s, especialy the late model Gen lls. You all have black motors. My 07 FZ1-SV Fazer has a silver motor. Is my model uncommon or even rare as I am yet to see one in the Forum?

Last edited:
Mine has a silver motor, I don't think they're particularily rare, atleast not here in the uk. When I was hunting around through ads for my fz1 it seemed like a 50/50 mix. I have to admit though I think I prefer the all black motor, especially with the faster blue paint ;)

Never seen one here in the states.

Could either of you please post a picture?

Thanks!

my ride is a 2008 and they came in silver engine.
006-2.jpg

New model 2011 comes in Europe with a black engine
038-4.jpg

The bikes that aren't from the states have some weird color schemes.

Hence why you have a silver motor, and we don't. Some of those bikes also have an odd color blue frame where as the states all have black frames.

Yea, here in the States we never got the silver motor, the FZ1N or some of the nicer colors that Yamaha offered in other markets. Then they wonder why the bike doesn't sell well here...:shaking head:

Thanks

Thanks for all your comments on motor colour. I understand now that no silver motors went to USA. My bike has black frame and Dark Purplish Blue metalic tank same as all the blue FZ1s in the states. Thanks Bluey I agree the silver motor looks nicer and not at all weird. My picture is in Gallery called City of Sails. Thanks fz1uk my bike is the same as your second picture. Why did the states miss out on the best colour scheme?

Last edited:
Back