Gen III FZ1

http://blog.motorzon.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/BMW-S1000F-Adventure-bike-confirmed.jpg
looks like a multistrada only much uglier. Probably much more fun too. I''ll probably buy that Frankenstein regardless of how ugly it is if yamaha doesn't bring something more than the mt09 to the table

Sent from my X-Wing

I myself will wait for yamaha's 2015 line up to decide on my next ride. I almost pulled the trigger on a used BMW k1200r recently but when I heard the owner tell me he just completed the schedule 2 maintenance for a $900 bill I backed off. I guess I am too addicted to the low maintenance costs of the yamaha. Admittedly my gen1 is a bit old school and I would like FI but I have it set up perfectly for me and with 25k miles she doesn't need any major service till the 48k valve check and has many grin inducing miles left in her.

Expect to be disappointed in Yamaha for 2015. Other than the FZ-07, there's been little else announced. I know they've confirmed a 250 sport bike is coming outside of North America so maybe we'll get lucky and see a 300 announced for us soon. Lots of rumours about a sport touring bike based off the FZ-09 as well.

I'm starting to doubt we'll ever get another FZ1

I'm kind of expecting that.. It's interesting though how Yamaha seems to go in a different direction than the others with the weaker and lower spec mt09 when almost
All other manufacturers have high spec supernakeds in the litre class. See KTM Superduke, Kawasaki Z1000, Ducati Streetfighter, Aprilia Tuono V4R, MV Augusta Brutale, Honda has the more boring CB1000, Triumph Speed Triple, and BMW has the 1000R

Last edited:
Back