Gen II Radiator Guards

jwhelan65

Posted this up over on FZ1OA as well if anyone is interested.

These come in Matte Black and Universal Gold. The kit comes complete with instructions, easy to install. If interested you can email me at [email protected].

Introductory price of 69.00 plus shipping, Paypal is preferred method of payment.

Webshot1.jpg

IMG_3084-1.jpg

IMG_3086.jpg

IMG_3085.jpg

IMG_2784-1.jpg

Last edited:
I purchased the gold and it looks awesome on the bike. Very easy to install, shipped fast and so far is doing a good job protecting the rad

I saw this on the other site. Nice work for a higly functional mod! I'd love to grab a black one. I'll have to check with the "accountant" and she's been tight with the purse strings lately. She keeps muttering something about taxes and IRS? To heck with them... I need mods!

Hi how much to ship to Rotorua New Zealand? What are all the colours you have? , From the pics they look very good.

I saw this on the other site. Nice work for a higly functional mod! I'd love to grab a black one. I'll have to check with the "accountant" and she's been tight with the purse strings lately. She keeps muttering something about taxes and IRS? To heck with them... I need mods!

Payment sent!

I probably would have passed but I had a balance in my PayPal account. Made it as much I spend for lunch out of pocket.

Just a tip here, as you can see from photo #2, I cut away all the plastic cross bars from the stock cover. This leaves you basically a frame to mount to and allows for maximum airflow to the radiator. Not totally necessary but I recommend it.

Note,the side edging for installation purpose pinches the stock piece and the new guard. This is important, it eliminates any vibration and really snugs the entire kit up.

Here are views from the back and a before and after of removing the old plastic cross members.

FZ1guard8.jpg

FZ1guard18.jpg

FZ1guard17.jpg

Any questions do not hesitate to contact me.

I've got a Gen I, and I know that you are working on possibly making something, is there anything that I can do to help come up with the design? Measurements? Pictures? Anything.....?

I've got a Gen I, and I know that you are working on possibly making something, is there anything that I can do to help come up with the design? Measurements? Pictures? Anything.....?

I actually have a Gen I radiator being sent to me so that I can fab one for it. I should have them available in the next few weeks.

Back