Gen II Levers Wanted

Yeah, whats the story with dealers and your stock parts?! My buddy had the same thing happen when he bought his Fatboy. He had them put on a Vance and Hines full exhaust that cost him an additional 600 bucks. I went to his house to check it out and asked him where the stock exhaust was. He told me they never gave it to him. I told him that unless they deducted it from the price of the new exhaust that he had better get on the phone and tell them that he was coming for it. At first they acted like they couldn't find it, hoping he would give up but I got on the phone and in 2 minutes they miraculously appeared! We drove over and low and behold they had a sticker with the year and model affixed to them! Had he not called they would have been sold to somone else.

Yeah, whats the story with dealers and your stock parts?! My buddy had the same thing happen when he bought his Fatboy. He had them put on a Vance and Hines full exhaust that cost him an additional 600 bucks. I went to his house to check it out and asked him where the stock exhaust was. He told me they never gave it to him. I told him that unless they deducted it from the price of the new exhaust that he had better get on the phone and tell them that he was coming for it. At first they acted like they couldn't find it, hoping he would give up but I got on the phone and in 2 minutes they miraculously appeared! We drove over and low and behold they had a sticker with the year and model affixed to them! Had he not called they would have been sold to somone else.

Thanks for heads up Billy. I don't have any plans for significant replacement parts but I will keep your story in mind if I have to deal with a dealer.

Thanks for heads up Billy. I don't have any plans for significant replacement parts but I will keep your story in mind if I have to deal with a dealer.

I'm not sure if they are all like that. I doubt it, but I thought that was pretty "shifty" on their part, especially since the guy had just paid $19 Grand on a new bike and another $600 on a new exhaust. The best part was that he had no idea that he was supposed to get back the stock exhaust. Needless to say, that particular dealership went out of business just over a year ago. I wonder why??????

Back