Gen II Handle bars

Utah06FZ1

How high of a rise can one go without having to extend cables, brake line or wiring? I prefer not to use a riser. I was thinking a set of Flanders Superbike or Euro bars (2.5 inch rise). If anyone has found a better bar setup let me know, That would be appreciated. I am thinking anywhere between 1"-2.5" max.

I think 1" rise can be accommodated by the cables and brake lines. 1.5" might be pushing it and I don't see how 2.5" would be doable w/o replacing them with longer items.

I have the one which raises 1" and pulls back 1".
Had to fiddle with the cable guides to make it work - did not have to change cables.
Very nice change.

I put a set of FZ8 bars on that have about 2 inch of rise. Had to cant the brake down a bit and sneak a bit of wiring back from under the tank on the right side though. Waiting for an extended (braided) brake line to make it right. Also surprisingly the FZ8 and FZ1 have different locating holes for the controls and diferent styles of bar ends.

I put a set of FZ8 bars on that have about 2 inch of rise. Had to cant the brake down a bit and sneak a bit of wiring back from under the tank on the right side though. Waiting for an extended (braided) brake line to make it right. Also surprisingly the FZ8 and FZ1 have different locating holes for the controls and diferent styles of bar ends.

I'm encountering a similar problem since I wanted a higher & wider bar. Where can I get extended stainless steel front brake lines for my FZ1 streetfighter?
:confused:

The FZ6R bars offer the same sweep but give you the higher position. I think you have to re-route the cables but the place I read about them said they did not replace anything.

jdc606@fz1oa said:
Haven't had a chance to ride with them yet but the OEM cables and wiring reach.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Back