Gen II FZ1 - Racefit Growler

Just wanted to put this out there as I haven't seen much info on Racefit here. I have a Racefit growler on my 07'. They are one of the best sounding exhaust choices I've heard, but they are LOUD. Mine is titanium and the build quality is fabulous. When I mean loud, I mean a five minute ride into town with a full-face helmet on and no earplugs is extremely uncomfortable, hearing loss uncomfortable. With earplugs in, it's manageable.

I also have their wrapped diffuser/baffle insert and it brings the noise level down significantly. Short rides with helmet/no earplugs now aren't an issue. Long rides with earplugs are even better, super comfortable. The general sound doesn't change much with the diffuser, it just brings the sound level down to a more acceptable range. I'd say I have the diffuser in 80% of the time, but I do still remove it because damn it sounds good totally unrestricted.

I can take videos with and without the diffuser if anyone wants that!

Not wanting to stir up the pot, but trust me when I say a loud exhaust is just not worth it. I've always worn 31db ear plugs or custom moulded plugs as a rider. Always have worn either Arai, Shoei or until recently, Klim helmets. Even with that noise suppression, over time, I've damaged my hearing. I always have a "weeeeeee" sound ringing in my ears, 24/7. If I could take it back, I'd stick to the quietest exhaust available if deviating from the OEM system. You don't want Tinnitus issues.

Back