Gen II backrest options

RavenFZ1

I would like to add a passenger backrest to my 2009 FZ1, but I would prefer an option that is easy to remove when not needed and that doesn't leave a bunch of ugly mounting hardware all over the tail when removed. All of the top luggage setups that have a backrest that I have looked at require leaving an unsightly rack mounted to the bike. I have seen standalone backrests from Yamaha and Corbin, but to my understanding they require that you buy their respective seats to use their backrest... and that isn't an option for me as I have Top Saddlery seats on the way. I realize that I may be looking for the impossible here, but I figured it was worth asking. Thanks in advance!

Well all I can add is that if going with a Corbin backrest, which as you correctly stated, requires the use of their seat is not an option then the only other option is a custom made bracket. As you can well imagine for this to work properly and be safe it must be securely anchored. Someone on the other forum fabricated something that can be easily copied and removed when not needed. Take a look here.

Well all I can add is that if going with a Corbin backrest, which as you correctly stated, requires the use of their seat is not an option then the only other option is a custom made bracket. As you can well imagine for this to work properly and be safe it must be securely anchored. Someone on the other forum fabricated something that can be easily copied and removed when not needed. Take a look here.

Thanks! That looks exactly like what I'm looking for, now I just need to find somebody with the machinery that is willing and able to make it.

That's a sweet mod! Satan666 is too damned cool. I rate him and Copperdog right up at the top of the FZ1 modder favorites.

I'm still going to get his highway pegs too. But, knowing this is an option for a passenger, well, I might be inclined to buy them now to use later should I put on all the pillion items again. ;)

Last edited:
Man after reading this and having the highway pegs from satan666 I didnt need to read anything else, I already PM Satan for a price!

I noticed that you have the T-Rex frame sliders like I have on my bike, do you find that they get in the way at all when swinging your legs out to use the highway pegs?

seat rest

Just put mine on today. Awesome look and perfect fit. Satan666, gotta love his stuff, cant wait for the next brainstorm from him!!!

For the person that was bidding for the vstar seat I used from ebay, sorry but I just had to have it!

Back