Gen I wind screen

RI_Grinch

I want to get some opinions from the GEN I crowd on Windscreens. I am currently running the stock screen which blows! After 60mph I feel like my head is being ripped off my shoulders. I have been looking at the ZG db and the touring screens. Which do you guys prefer. BTW I'm 5'9" with a 32" inseam. I like the look of both but I just want a screen that's going to disperse the wind a little better.

I want to get some opinions from the GEN I crowd on Windscreens. I am currently running the stock screen which blows! After 60mph I feel like my head is being ripped off my shoulders. I have been looking at the ZG db and the touring screens. Which do you guys prefer. BTW I'm 5'9" with a 32" inseam. I like the look of both but I just want a screen that's going to disperse the wind a little better.

SLOW DOWN!!! Problem solved!:nana:

Seriously though, it's amazing how much an inch or two in height makes. I can't remember that much turbulence with my GenI. I'm 5-11 with a 30" inseam................No Short Leg Jokes please! After I did the mirror mod there was even less turbulence. I can't remember all the names but many like the Zero Gravity Shields. I'm curious if Gary (Pilot8127) has any issues with dirty air. He has my ex-bike now. I'll have to ask him.

Zero Gravity Rocks . . .

Seriously though, it's amazing how much an inch or two in height makes. I can't remember that much turbulence with my GenI. I'm 5-11 with a 30" inseam................No Short Leg Jokes please! After I did the mirror mod there was even less turbulence. I can't remember all the names but many like the Zero Gravity Shields. I'm curious if Gary (Pilot8127) has any issues with dirty air. He has my ex-bike now. I'll have to ask him.

Hey Guys, , , ,
I did install the ZG DB in dark smoke and I like it !! It looks great and more importantly, it performs great too. I have been to 140 mph with it and there's nary a ruffle. Of course, that is with the proper crouch behind the screen. 140+mph is brutal if you get up into it . . . heh,heh,
I am 5'-11" with a 32" inseem and the ZG works for me. Btw, this is my second ZG. The first one (on my first FZ1) was the ST model. I definitely like the DB model better. It directs the flow up quicker and clears my helmet better than the ST. The fit and finish on the two ZG's I have bought have been first rate. The last pic shows the screen after I blacked-out the lower section. I like to hide ugly the wiring/cables leading to the gauges. I would buy a replacement ZG in a New York minute should the need arise . . . . :cheers:

I have and use both ......5'7".......Magura fatty bars 1 up & 1 back.
DB looks great a little thin/flexible to the touch.....ST is thicker and firmer doesn't flex as much at high speeds....130+.
I use the DB for everyday riding......I'll use the ST if I'm gonna be in the saddle for a while.
The factory larger shield isnt' that bad either (i got that too).
Also tried/have the LP short DB...looks great but same as stock.

This accumilation of sheilds all from trying to find the perfect one!!!!

pic of factory touring shied clear
pic of LP DB stock size.

windscreen

R1G:

I had the ZG sport touring screen and at 5'10" with 32" inseam it put the wind right at the visor. I also shaved about 1.5-2" out of my stock seat, so without that mod it would be close to right on the chinbar. I personally liked the stock screen better than the ZG ST for the quieter ride. If you're looking to get out of the wind, I have the National Cycle screen that is huge, but it puts the air completely over the helmet. For long trips or cold weather that screen works very well, but does change the look of the bike though. One thing that was already mentioned but worth saying again is going to bar end mirrors, or modifying the existing mirrors, makes a huge difference in smoothing the air around your helmet and makes all the screens better.

Last edited:
National Cycle tall screen

RSYASN27306FZ1_600.jpg

Say goodbye to wind!

Well I ended up ordering the Double Bubble yesterday. I should have it in 3-5 business days. I also ended up ordering some CRG mirror adapters so I can have 2 mirrors again. Can't wait!!

Back