Gen 2 won't start

Zacne

Hi guys

I have searched both the forum and the net and I can't find anything that sounds/looks similar.

I have been putting my gen2 back together for a while now. Each time I tried firing it up it started straight a way. Today I went to the garage to take it for a maiden ride (just to make sure it rides straight). And boom... It wouldn't start!

It cranks over nicely but it won't fire up.

Last week I fitted new led indicators with resistors, removed the central stand and fitted new can. Suspecting the indicators/wiring issue I have disconnected them but to no avail.

I have checked/swapped all fuses and again that didn't change anything. Fuel pump works/kicks in so I don't think fuel is not an issue.

The day I came to the bike the battery was flat but this (I think) was my fault as I left the ignition on for a few days.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Greg

Could you have damaged/loosened the side stand ignition cutoff switch while doing the mods?

I was thinking about it, there is no difference between the side stand being up or down. It turns over freely.

Should it turn over with the side stand down?

Thx

"Should it turn over with the side stand down?"

I'll check on mine today. It's new to me, so I'm not 100% sure. It certainly does cut off the ignition, though, and would do so regardless of whether the stand were up or down if the switch were damaged in certain ways.

EDIT: Yes, it will turn over, so this could be the problem. Looked at the switch on mine. It wouldn't be easy to damage it, but it is possible, especially if you are wrenching in that area (centre stand work, for instance).

Sounds like the problem you're having is electrical, and places where you wrenched would be an obvious check point. Having replaced lights on my old bike I don't see where anything there would kill the ignition, but you never know.

I wish I had other ideas, but have only had the bike a week, and haven't messed with much.

Last edited:
Not a Gen 2 owner, but did you do any work that required the tank being raised?

Pinched fuel line?

Sent from: Galaxy Note 3

Are your plugs getting spark? You can get a spare plug, attach it to the plug wire, ground it to the crankcase, and turn it over. If you have spark, then it will probably be fuel related, such as fuel injection not opening up. Do you smell fuel in your exhaust when you turn it over?

Are your plugs getting spark? You can get a spare plug, attach it to the plug wire, ground it to the crankcase, and turn it over. If you have spark, then it will probably be fuel related, such as fuel injection not opening up. Do you smell fuel in your exhaust when you turn it over?

Thx for the reply.

It turned out to be dodgy connection. I got it going!

Thanks
Greg

Back