Gen.1 the guage cluster movement?

Do any of you know it the guage cluster is semi-floating, rather, does it have counter-clockwise/clockwise movement? Were only talking just an N'th of play, but I'm windering if mabe something I did affected it? I pulled out the right side black pannel there below the throttle, that pannel that screw/bolts to the farring, the reason being that it has the tab where it meets the faring at the rearmost outside area, well, the pannel tab's broken at the L point. I had thought of replacing it with a new OEM piece from a supplier, but had also thought of epoxying it, hopefully it would hold long-term, reguardless its a cheap piece to replace if need be.

So..... there's that drama, so....I could'a displaced some type of anchor tab'or'other??? The thing that gives me this curriosity is that when washing it, I chami off the cluster, and typically it gets moved somewhat to center of movement, then when I start it and the tack cable is spinning inside the housing, theres just enough to move it to the stop in a clockwise possition, mabe a 1/32 of an inch, but perceptable enough to see movement.

Thuss, I'm wondering if you have noticed anything like I'v noted? It has no apparent drawbacks or problems associated with it, but I'm just currious.....anyone?

I have experienced the very thing you described, and I have not given it much thought since the last time I had the covers off....

Back