Gen 1 Seat Dirt Road Eddie

I bought my `05 used with the Skiman seat mod already performed (about 1/2" of foam trimmed from the back of the pilot's seat). I liked the seating height and I've had no "sliding toward the tank" like many mention with the unmodified seat. What I didn't like was that it was bloody hard - I could sit still for about a half hour is all. There was also a split developing at one of the seam lines.

I read many reports here and found that seat comfort is very subjective - one guy likes a Corbin while another likes his Sergant. Yet another likes what Spencer does ( http://greatdaytoride.com/Home_Page.php ). In the end, I chose Eddie Copeland, user name "Dirt Road", to re-pad and reupholster mine.

I liked what I read about Spencer, but he prefers to start with uncut seats, and he doesn't do upholstery. Eddie on the other hand was okay with the previous mod and makes the cover in-house. He also gets consistently great reviews.

Anyway, my seat is en route from Eddie. He sent two pictures and I thought I'd post them for all to see. I'll follow-up with a report of how it looks and feels in person.

Back