Gen 1 Radiator Side Covers

I have been thinking about getting a full set of fairings and nearly worked out a deal with someone on this forum. Then the whole running out of money thing hit me!!! :embarrased: :hellno:

So I continued checking out the FZ1 mods and found these radiator guards

20120727_100509.jpg

20120727_100515.jpg

20120727_100533.jpg

I really like these. I think they look better than the FULL fairing upgrade. Of course it's not as aerodynamic but I think it looks great! :D :cheers:

Here are some links in case you guys are interested in taking the plunge....or pulling the trigger......or spending a lot of mula on my favorite motorcycle that takes all my money :evillaugh:

Here are some links if you guys are interested in checking out these:

http://www.whaccessories.com/images/TCPRadiatorSideCoversFazer1000.jpg

About $70 cheaper but they are sold out of certain colors:

TCP 01-05 Yamaha FZ1 - Radiator Panels

I have the same color bike & ordered the black ones, didn't install yet, so my question is how hard was installation? did you have to drill holes?
Your bike looks great, hope to find time to put mine on. much easer to change oil filter with these vs the full ones also the quality is top notch.

I have the same color bike & ordered the black ones, didn't install yet, so my question is how hard was installation? did you have to drill holes?
Your bike looks great, hope to find time to put mine on. much easer to change oil filter with these vs the full ones also the quality is top notch.

Thanks - I was kind of on the fence about what color to use. Since we have 2 tone bikes - we can go either way. It was really a coin toss.
Installation was not that bad. The instructions are somewhat helpful but I wouldn't call them good. Another interesting note: Apparently this company makes ONE users manual for ALL products because there are instructions in there for EVERYTHING they make. :D
NO drilling. I probably would have passed if I had to drill. I would say install is about 15 min. Give a shout if you need some help.

Back