Gen 1 fork repair

I had Kens cycles replace seals on a sv650. On my way home parts started coming loose. The owner said he would make it up to me next time. I don't want another experience like that on the highway after spending $350.

I'm looking for a shop. I have done other repairs (carbs, brakes, tires) , but I don't have fork experience.

I understand your not wanting to do it yourself, but if you can do brakes and carbs, you can certainly do fork seals. It's a lot easier than you think. Ultimately, do what you are comfortable with. When I had my 01' I did a pretty good "How To" video on Youtube in case you want to take a look first before deciding what you want to do. I'll get the link and post it here for you.

You couldn't have had a better person respond to this post! Billy is the man when it comes to fork seals. I speak from experience having just done mine about a month ago. As long as you don't have an issue getting the tubes apart it's an easy job. Good luck!

1 liter 10wt.

get the bushings too,,. you can polish the tubes with "metal-crome polish" guess you can find it in any auto parts store and a buffing wheel

2-3 cans of brake cleaner , an impact tool is also nice to have

I finally rebuilt my forks. I had to wait for parts and cooler temperatures. Thanks Billy, the videos were extremely helpful.
For the fork polishing, I used crumpled pieces of aluminum foil (instead of sand paper) and simichrome polish. It worked great.

Back