Gen 1 Fairing Hardware/Brackets?

Hello I got a new to me Gen 1. I also bought these lower fairings pictured. Can anyone help me with what brackets/hardware I will need to mount them? Thank you.

Attachments

• FzsFairings.jpg
    FzsFairings.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 3
If you have the hardware, I may be able to guide you through mounting it as I have the same fairings (they are not mounted at this time.) If you don't have it, then you will have to improvise. They mount in four places: 2x at the very bottom, lower side of engine both sides, near radiator / front each side, and the top is some weird ~6" brackets that come out below the tank (I never had the top brackets and it didn't matter.)

The picture you display clearly shows the lower engine mount (1 to 2 inch diameter flat washers with bolts mount into a hole on the side of the engine or a near by frame. You can find the two holes in the lower portion, where the two side fairings come together, this basically attach the fairings to each other. The screws through the fairings in front to the frame beside the radiator should be evident. I hope this helps.

The picture you display clearly shows the lower engine mount (1 to 2 inch diameter flat washers with bolts mount into a hole on the side of the engine or a near by frame. You can find the two holes in the lower portion, where the two side fairings come together, this basically attach the fairings to each other. The screws through the fairings in front to the frame beside the radiator should be evident. I hope this helps.
Thanks Yam, unfortunately I don't have the hardware, so I'll have to improvise. I believe what you're saying is that the holes in the fairings line up with existing bolts on the frame/radiator already, is this correct? If so, would I need longer bolts and bushings to push the fairings out a bit or do they sit flush against the existing mounting points? Also, you mentioned a bracket for the top fairing that you didn't use, how did you attach it without the bracket? Thank you.

Yes, the holes in the fairings line up with holes in the frame, etc. The fairings sit almost flush except there are some rubber grommets in some locations that create slight separation. If you want, you can PM me your phone number, we can set-up a time, and I can Facetime or Teams you with video and show you the hardware and how it goes together.

I never had the top brackets (they didn't come with the fairings and bike.) I went without them for about three years. I always wondered why there wasn't something up high. Someone else told me the top brackets were missing and showed me what they looked like. But not having them made no difference in the fairings working / being secure enough.

Back