Gen 1 Ais removal questions

I bought Dale's AIS removal kit. Is it possible to install this kit without removing the radiator? The coolant in it is fresh and I would hate to waste it. Could I just loosen the radiator? If I have to remove it, could you recommend a coolant that can be purchased from a auto parts store. That Yamaha stuff is expensive. What are your thoughts on engine ice?

Thanks ,
Johnny

I bought Dale's AIS removal kit. Is it possible to install this kit without removing the radiator? The coolant in it is fresh and I would hate to waste it. Could I just loosen the radiator? If I have to remove it, could you recommend a coolant that can be purchased from a auto parts store. That Yamaha stuff is expensive. What are your thoughts on engine ice?

Thanks ,
Johnny

Not sure if you need to remove the radiator or not, but if you do just dump the coolant into a clean container and reuse it.

Personally I don't waste my money on Engine Ice (or any other similar products). I use the Prestone 50/50 mix on all my bikes and have never had any issues.

Personally I don't waste my money on Engine Ice (or any other similar products). I use the Prestone 50/50 mix on all my bikes and have never had any issues.

Heresy!!! You should be burned at the stake for your statements. When those that know what is best for the rest of us read this, they will become completely unhinged!

Back