Gear indicator

Hi!

Guy's from German FZ forum made one great looking gear indicator, i'm thinking of buying one (price around 80€).

Ganganzeige_FZ1.jpg

FZ1_Filterscheibe_Verguss_113a.jpg

What do you think of it?

That is extremely cool. Now, I can't read a word of it, but I might want one.

Can you please tell me:

• Is it for sale?
  • Where does it connect?
  • How does it connect?
  • Is everything included?
  • I think that 80 euros is about $100. Correct?

Thanks.

Hi there !

Yes it is for sale.Price is about 100$ + shipping Kontakt is at bottom of page - [email protected].
Here is how to install, i think the pictures are great(for help with colors use google translator :rolleyes: ), so the installation should not be a problem - everything is included.
They have also made a great indicator for Gen1 - link Version 7 is realy cool. English summary
Hope i helped u :)

PS: sorry for my bad english:innocent:

Is this something that is GenII specific, or can us first Gen's have a crack at it? Other than not having the space to neatly tuck it out of the way.......

as for the link Slakutar, the indicator is no longer in production for Gen I's, I even sent an e-mail to the creator and no response, (when I first purchased the bike in March '08, as well as stumbling across this page with a wealth of mods from the FZ1oa forum, http://www.cartestsoftware.com/fz1/multigaugeinstallation.html for the multigauage link.)

But then I always loved to be proved wrong b/c I like the look of the install and all the funcitons that come with it. So I'll try again and report my findings as to whether it is still available for the Gen I.

Thanks,
BroHay

Last edited:
I've thought about a gear indicator several times... I just can't justify the cost .... it seems that if I just pay a little bit of attention... I can remember what gear I'm in... or, If I take a second to look at my speed and my RPM... I can normally figure it out... the ones I've seen are over $100... I just can't justify that... although... if I could find one cheaper.... I'd probably have to buy it.

sent an e-mail to Christian, maker of the multi-gauge for Gen I and II, and have just been informed that Gen I gauges are back in production :D.

Boy, I loved to be proved wrong.....(in some cases)

BroHay

If you want to place an order for Gen II

From part creator of the gear shift indicator. I'm still trying to get all the bugs worked out for the German translation so that others can read all the in/outs of development and get the full story.

Below is contact information for placing orders.

[email protected] is the right address to ask for any orders for Gen II.

as soon as I figure out the kinks, I'll post the other information.

BroHay

speedo

I think sometimes I need a FCE, sometimes I think I need a gear indicator, Yoshimra TRC stainless on and its just right. Most of all I am so proud of the new R1 and the accomplishments in all of the racing venues. Back in 06 suzuki was spanking the pants off the dog - not anymore. If they ever put the new R1 engine in a FZ1 I will be first in line to by one.

Just read on the "other" forum that they have stopped making the gear indicator pictured in the first post. It's too bad because I was seriously considering it since it integrates with the Gen II bikes so nicely.

I contacted him by email and this was the response,

Hi Mike,

sorry to say that the gear indicator is currently out of production.
Maybe we start again during the winter period. Please give me a trigger
in about 2 month.

Best regards,
Christian

So looks like I will drop him a note in about 2 months :D

Game on.....Again......Maybe.........!!!!!!!! :banghead:

I stumbled across this old thread in my hunt for "The Gauge of Eternal Coolness" as everyone calls it. LOL Some guy on the other forums teased everyone with a bogus offer and dropped out of site. Well he got quite a reaction from everyone.
I ended up getting bounced around to a man named Christian who is the creator of this gauge and asked him if they are still being made and may I buy one?
Here is his response:

ChristianDiscussion.jpg

I hope these things come back around but only time will tell. I replied to Christian that I would be interested in buying the plans if his deal fell through but I did not get a response. This could be considered a good sign - sounds like there are very serious talks going on. That would make me happy because I really want one of these suckers!!!! LOL

Back