G'Day from Australia

Hi all,

I'm new to this forum and new to riding an FZ1n. I had this bike as a screen saver for two years and had not seen one in the flesh. Love at first sight. Finally went to the local Yamaha dealer, looked, rode and that was it, I had to have one. Totally different to my FJ 1100 that I sold 15 years ago - the FZ is one awesome bike!! Still have not hit the redline but this beast seems to bring out the "bad boy" in me and I'm 55 years old. I live close to Melbourne and find city riding a total pain so I head out to the east of the city to the bush - lot's of twisty mountain roads and no cops. I bought my FZ1n used but in showroom condition with only 3000km on it, stock everything except for R&G slide protectors and engine case sliders. Not cheap but a perfect fit and they look great. All I can add about my FZ1n is that it's an amazing motorcycle, unreal power and excellent handling and superb to look at. One mean bike!!! I've attached some pics. Cheers

Welcome! Great looking ride... always been a fan of the N model and we don't have them as an option over here unless we get the FZ8. Sure would be nice to have twisties without hassles here but they crawl all over the place here doing their job. :(

Shift later and get that beast to the rev limiter... dig in the boots and hold on tight!

Welcome. Very glad to have you here. You make me remember my first ride on my '07 FZ1(S). I had to see what she would do. (the last bike I had was an '89 Honda TransAlp 650 V-twin about 6 years ago). I cranked the right grip and watched the rev needle rise. I noticed decent, but expected power up to 6-7k. Then from 8-9k my arms seemed to get longer and then from 10-12k I felt I might actually be left behind by the bike. Then I realized I was doing about 86mph and I hadn't shifted out of 1st gear!

I know the FZ1 isn't close to the most powerful, fastest, most comfortable, you know, the most anything, but I love it for what it is and the versatility it affords me with only 1 bike (for now).

Enjoy it. It is a good bike. Hold on and play in the upper range of the RPMs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Many thanks for the welcome. Surprised N models are not available everywhere. The S is a great looking bike but the N really won me over. Don't miss a fairing - to busy hanging on!!!! Thanks again and great to find a forum dedicated to FZ's.

Welcome!!

Hi Lonewolf !! Like eveyone has said, GREAT to have you here with us!! I will be 60 yrs old in a couple of weeks and these bikes are not only amazingly fast, they are comfortable for us old people . . . me that is, not you . . heh,heh : oops:

Hi all,

I'm new to this forum and new to riding an FZ1n. I had this bike as a screen saver for two years and had not seen one in the flesh. Love at first sight. Finally went to the local Yamaha dealer, looked, rode and that was it, I had to have one. Totally different to my FJ 1100 that I sold 15 years ago - the FZ is one awesome bike!! Still have not hit the redline but this beast seems to bring out the "bad boy" in me and I'm 55 years old. I live close to Melbourne and find city riding a total pain so I head out to the east of the city to the bush - lot's of twisty mountain roads and no cops. I bought my FZ1n used but in showroom condition with only 3000km on it, stock everything except for R&G slide protectors and engine case sliders. Not cheap but a perfect fit and they look great. All I can add about my FZ1n is that it's an amazing motorcycle, unreal power and excellent handling and superb to look at. One mean bike!!! I've attached some pics. Cheers
Nice looking bike with the red seat......I must say the naked looks like a real brute. I've recently undergone the same exercise and ended up with an FZ1-S that I love....especially on the SE QLD twisties. Like quite a few people say, an awesome and versatile bike, and brilliant for me at 45 and not getting any younger. Look forward to hearing how things progress.... Mossie

Nice looking bike with the red seat......I must say the naked looks like a real brute. I've recently undergone the same exercise and ended up with an FZ1-S that I love....especially on the SE QLD twisties. Like quite a few people say, an awesome and versatile bike, and brilliant for me at 45 and not getting any younger. Look forward to hearing how things progress.... Mossie

Good to hear you like the red seat, Mossie. I"m a bit old school as in it's black or nothing. It matches the red monoshock. Be it an N or S model, their both fantastic motorcycles. 45's not old these day's, Mossie, that bike will keep you on the ball and feeling good. What colour is your bike and how many km's on the clock? Cheers.

Back