Gas line disconnect

I'm taking my 2008 tank off in preperation for the pcIII and O2 eliminator, O2 guage etc. and I'm having a problem getting the plastic fitting on the gas line to release from the tank. I see that it has a little slide piece that backs away from the tank tube, which I slide back but I still can't pull the hose down. Before I break the thing in the process of getting it off, am I missing something else? All the other connectors came off with no problem whatsoever.

i looked for simular occurances and unfortunately came up empty handed. If its possible i'd like to see a pic. or if you have already got it done. i'd like to know where the hangup is.. i'll be doing the same in a few weeks for my 07.

If you didn't get it let me know.. i'm on the verge of taking my tank off just to see what it is .. :lol:

Last edited:
Gas line

In the attachment you see the connector I'm talking about. The orange piece slides about 1/4" away from the plastic line coming out of the tank. I believe this allows the fitting to then slide down away from the tank but I've pulled pretty hard and it only moves about 1/8 to 3/16 of an inch then stops. As I've said, I want to make sure this should come off before I pull too hard, break the thing then have to pay a couple hundred bucks to put a new bottom on the tank.

Thanks for the link. I hope this PCIII thing doesn't turn into a real pain in the neck. I am still trying to figure out how to get the fuel line off without breaking the outlet from the tank. The outlet is actually on the bottom of the plate that contains the fuel pump and if I snap that sucker that about $350 down the drain. It looks real simple but there must be either some kind of O-ring or something in there somewhere that's preventing it from easily coming off. I might stop by my dealer today and see what they say. I'm always amazed at how much stuff the Japanese can stuff into places with their small hands.

I finally figured out the fuel line disconnect proceedure. After you slide the orange piece back, you sill see opposing gray pieces just inside of the orange piece. If you push those together (and this is quite hard because you are working in a very confined space) the fuel line will fall away with ease. :D

Back