FZ6 bars and eBay levers

Phil_RC_1

I recently got a pair of these $59 ebay adjustable/foldable levers and a OEM FZ6 handlebar from RonAyersonline.
The handlebars are great, fit me just right and almost look OEM :)

The levers are nice and look good. I like the Titanium grey color, it's a little more unique then the typical black or bright anodized colors and it's relatively neutral. The only issues were that the bushing on the clutch lever was the wrong size. The bushing from the stock lever fits like a glove in the new lever and you just have to press it in. Also, the hardware had nylock nuts, which are self locking as long as you thread the bolt, at least into the nylon locking material, they were not, when they arrived.

EDIT: I also recently swapped out the ZG DoubleBubble for the ZG SR. I like the look and less head bobble with the SR. The DB seemed to shoot the turbulance right at my helmet, the SR shoots it more at my shoulders and I think the SR creates less turbulance to begin with.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:
So have you played around with extending the levers? I see in your pics that they appear to be as short as they can go. Just curious if they still feel "sturdy" once you extend them.

That's pretty damn funny!.. Large number of FZ6 owners swap out stock handlebars for FZ1 bars! FZ6 bar has a lot of more back-sweep than FZ1 bar (or any other drag / dirt bike bar I've ever tried).

Personally, I found the FZ6 bar to be crippling.. took it off after 1 ride.

FZ6R bar is another good option for someone looking for a more upright position.. it has the same sweep as FZ1 bar and works with OEM bar ends.

Everyone's different though.. cool that FZ6 bar works for you. :tup:

So have you played around with extending the levers? I see in your pics that they appear to be as short as they can go. Just curious if they still feel "sturdy" once you extend them.

Once I tightened all the hardware, they feel sturdy but I haven't tried extending them, they feel just right as is.

That's pretty damn funny!.. Large number of FZ6 owners swap out stock handlebars for FZ1 bars! FZ6 bar has a lot of more back-sweep than FZ1 bar (or any other drag / dirt bike bar I've ever tried).

Personally, I found the FZ6 bar to be crippling.. took it off after 1 ride.

FZ6R bar is another good option for someone looking for a more upright position.. it has the same sweep as FZ1 bar and works with OEM bar ends.

Everyone's different though.. cool that FZ6 bar works for you. :tup:

Yeah (LOL) I have an FZ6 and noticed that some of those guys over there are swapping out to FZ1 bars. I just wanted something a little more upright. I didn't realize that the FZ6R bars have less sweep, I may have to try them, these were cheap enough that it won't hurt too bad if I go to a different bar.

Had FZ1 bars on my fz6 too. Hate those bicycle like bars that make you sit exactly on your tailbone = bad riding posture. Infact I put more forward suburban machinery bars on my FZ1.

As for those fully adjustable bars, the folding part seems less sturdy than the extendable one. The later one stays tight.

I've had LSL bars on mine and the yamaha titanium and now the fz6 bars, and i prefer them, along with my corbin seat and its great. Now to get my windscreen straightened out.

Had FZ1 bars on my fz6 too. Hate those bicycle like bars that make you sit exactly on your tailbone = bad riding posture. Infact I put more forward suburban machinery bars on my FZ1.

As for those fully adjustable bars, the folding part seems less sturdy than the extendable one. The later one stays tight.

Even the stock FZ1 setup put me leaning forward enough that I was basically leaning on "the boys" and going numb in the groin area :) sometimes before I hit 100 miles. I've seen so many people here going to even lower bars then stock, I've tried to figure out if they are looking for more of an R1 "sport" riding position or a "sport tour" comfort position. I'm definitely the later, and with the FZ6 bars I still have a slight forward lean so there is no tail bone pressure at all, at least for me (I'm 5"10" 220lb).

After about 300 miles now, with the FZ6 bars, the thing I have noticed is like Erci warned me of, the sweep (or pull back) of the bars is causing a little pressure on my outer palms, not bad though. Overall I still like the feel of the bars.

Even the stock FZ1 setup put me leaning forward enough that I was basically leaning on "the boys" and going numb in the groin area :) sometimes before I hit 100 miles. I've seen so many people here going to even lower bars then stock, I've tried to figure out if they are looking for more of an R1 "sport" riding position or a "sport tour" comfort position. I'm definitely the later, and with the FZ6 bars I still have a slight forward lean so there is no tail bone pressure at all, at least for me (I'm 5"10" 220lb).

After about 300 miles now, with the FZ6 bars, the thing I have noticed is like Erci warned me of, the sweep (or pull back) of the bars is causing a little pressure on my outer palms, not bad though. Overall I still like the feel of the bars.

Yea, the comfort of bars (like seats) are going to depend on the type of riding that you do and to a larger extent your body build and physical shape. What works for one person may not necessarily work for somebody else. I'm glad to hear that you're happy with the FZ6 bars...

I have put a higher and wider bar on mine last year. found the bike more comfortable and like the front end feel a little better, being wider it also steers a little quicker. They have a bend and rise much like the old superbike bars. I still have to find end weights for them that I like but dont find they vibrate bad enough to be a problem without them.

View attachment 7901

Last edited:
Back