FZ1S vs FZ1N

You know what the FZ1 S looks like. Here's a picture of the FZ1 N:

FZ1N.jpg

guys can you please explain me one thing? I´ve heard a lot of riders complaining that the FZ1 is not that fast or that the low and mid-range power could be higher and so on.. if this is true, so why the hell did Yamaha give the bike 150 horses and so many kW and the bike is still slow??!! or is it just the riders that are wining pussies (no offence)? sorry if this is off topic but i didnt want to create a new thread

[FONT=\"Comic Sans MS\"][SIZE=\"4\"]Dunlop/Graves Custom FZ1[/SIZE][/FONT]
I know, I know- It's a one-off. Still, this is the hottest Gen 2 I've seen

122_0806_01_zdunlop_graves_motorspo.jpg

122_0806_02_zdunlop_graves_motorspo.jpg

Thats an awesome looking GenII. I don't know but I keep getting drawn to these yellow bikes. Maybe cause I'm a "Steeler" fan??, but that yellow/black combo really goes well together. Nice pics, thanks for posting.

guys can you please explain me one thing? I´ve heard a lot of riders complaining that the FZ1 is not that fast or that the low and mid-range power could be higher and so on.. if this is true, so why the hell did Yamaha give the bike 150 horses and so many kW and the bike is still slow??!! or is it just the riders that are wining pussies (no offence)? sorry if this is off topic but i didnt want to create a new thread

They're just jealous because they don't have one!! Low and midrange power on a GenII bike is easily fixed with a couple of mods, and as for fast....pass 8k on the tach and you'll feel every one of those 150 ponies kick you in the A$$!

thanks mate! have been visiting this website for a while now. each and everyday im dreaming about the FZ1, I cant even consentrate at work, for god sakes!! i know i´ll be calm when one of those horses is parked in my back yard :D which will be after the summer! weehhee!!

Last edited:
Yamaha broke her neck by trying to castrate the R1 engine to something it never was intended to be. Short stroke is high rpm. The problem was, to get more torque in the mid range to accommodate to what they wanted to have. They laborated 10 years around with software and still couldn't get done, what free programmers like Ivan did all day long. Partly couldn't do, due to regulations and partly arrogance. The fuel cut off, which let's you think your engine is off in tight corners, the abysmal torque below 5000rpm which is the most used range for normal, every day driving, and then the early model frame cracks, as well the refusal to do a recall for the rotors and that they needed 8 years to sell a rotor, comparable to way better aftermarket solutions.
Not bashing Yamaha, as they finally learned from their mistakes, how the MT10 shows- but that was the reason for the low sales and the fact, others did the job better- Kawasaki for example with the Z1000.
Sounds a lot, but everything is fixable for little money, making the FZ1 one of the most underrated and misunderstood bikes in history.
It's a compromise. Not meant to be super fast, but powerful and sporty, combining sport- and touring bike. It's own category.
Sometimes I think, they shoul had put a SB Handle bar on the R1, lower the pegs and call it a day.
At the end- you'll love it or not. I love it.

Attachments

• 20230319_130647.jpg
    20230319_130647.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 21
  • 20230319_130633.jpg
    20230319_130633.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 20
as well the refusal to do a recall for the rotors and that they needed 8 years to sell a rotor, comparable to way better aftermarket solutions.

at least yamaha redesigned the rotor. Suzuki SV1000 have the very same problem, suzuki never redesigned the part at all, people have to JBWeld the magnets in the rotor on those bikes !

Yamaha broke her neck by trying to castrate the R1 engine to something it never was intended to be. Short stroke is high rpm. The problem was, to get more torque in the mid range to accommodate to what they wanted to have. They laborated 10 years around with software and still couldn't get done, what free programmers like Ivan did all day long. Partly couldn't do, due to regulations and partly arrogance. The fuel cut off, which let's you think your engine is off in tight corners, the abysmal torque below 5000rpm which is the most used range for normal, every day driving, and then the early model frame cracks, as well the refusal to do a recall for the rotors and that they needed 8 years to sell a rotor, comparable to way better aftermarket solutions.
Not bashing Yamaha, as they finally learned from their mistakes, how the MT10 shows- but that was the reason for the low sales and the fact, others did the job better- Kawasaki for example with the Z1000.
Sounds a lot, but everything is fixable for little money, making the FZ1 one of the most underrated and misunderstood bikes in history.
It's a compromise. Not meant to be super fast, but powerful and sporty, combining sport- and touring bike. It's own category.
Sometimes I think, they shoul had put a SB Handle bar on the R1, lower the pegs and call it a day.
At the end- you'll love it or not. I love it.

Beautiful bike there. Love the blue colour :)

Back