FZ1S Blinker Relay

Hi all,

I have a bit of a dilema and before stripping the back of my bike down I thought I would ask a question. I have a 2008 FZ1S that I bought second hand and it came to me with the original blinkers installed.

I decided I wanted to install some LED blinkers and I was looking into the work involved. I decided if I was going to do the job, I might as well do it properly with a suitable LED relay rather than resistors. Job number 1 was to find out where the original blinker relay is. Some searching later I found this image and a thread that looks pretty self explanatory.

8881d1330015502-quick-question-tailtidy.jpg

Next, I went to my bike and removed the pillion seat. Lo and behold, no relay there. So after the long winded explanation - on to my questions. I assume one of two things. Either the blinker relay has already been replaced (and re-seated out of sight) by the original owner or the relay could be somewhere else on my bike. Were the blinker relays in the same place on all FZ1S' or should I be looking elsewhere?

Thanks in advance.

Next, I went to my bike and removed the pillion seat. Lo and behold, no relay there. So after the long winded explanation - on to my questions. I assume one of two things. Either the blinker relay has already been replaced (and re-seated out of sight) by the original owner or the relay could be somewhere else on my bike. Were the blinker relays in the same place on all FZ1S' or should I be looking elsewhere?

Thanks in advance.

They should all be in the same place as far as I know. Not sure where you're located, but is your FZ1S equipped with ABS? If so that may change the wiring harness a bit, but I doubt Yamaha would go through the trouble.

Even if the relay was relocated from the original location there are probably wires there in that general area that you should be able to follow to the relay.

On my 07 it was in the spot where the arrow shows in the tail section...I removed and plugged in my new...worked like a charm!

I just received my blinker relay as well and was doing a search for the location. Did you locate yours?

I did find mine in the end. It had been moved to make space for the Scottoiler the original owner fitted. Mine had been move down into some of the free space between the tilt switch and the riders seat. Moving the tilt switch gave me the access I needed to find it.

Back